H1 appears twice on some pages

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Karl Jones
    Participant

Hi there,
    For some reason there are 2 h1 tags on these two pages: https://highlandcottagerentals.com/
    http://highlandcottagerentals.com/discover-cairngorms

I’ve tried hiding title but that’s not the issue. What could it be?

Karl Jones
    Participant

Can someone please help me on this?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your question. I’ve checked the source code of both pages and I’ve found h1 tags on the Home page only. There is hidden h1 tag of the title of the page. So you may edit the title ‘BALLATER ACCOMMODATION by Highland Cottage Rentals’ and change its tag from h1 to h2 for example.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Sven Grossenbacher
    Participant

Hi,

Same problem here – there is a hidden h1

This h1 must not show in the source code. How can we get rid of it? I must be able to set all H1-H6 and none of the H1-H6 or any other text must be hidden.

Please let us know.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Sven,

Thanks for your question. If you wish to show the title on your pages you may try to apply the style below:

.entry-header.hidden{
      display:block;
    }

.entry-header.hidden h1{
      font-size:0pt;
    }

If you need to remove the title from the source code then you will need to override the template files using child theme.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Sven Grossenbacher
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks – how do I use a child theme? Do you have instructions for that?

There must not be 2 h1 on one page for seo reasons – and a hidden h1 is even worse – you get penalized by search engines.

Please let me know about how to do a child theme with that theme and how to remove it?

Thanks

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Sven,

Thanks for your reply. The installation and activation of the child theme may clear some settings in customizer like widgets and colors. You may install a plugin to export settings from customizer when the parent theme is activated and import those settings after the activation of the child theme. For example plugin Customizer Export/Import

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.