Guest ‘view bookings’ page setting cannot be changed

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Guest ‘view bookings’ page setting cannot be changed

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Hallwright
    Participant

Hi
    The feature allowing guests to view past bookings has a menu in the settings allowing the “My Account” page to be set.
    When I first upgraded the plugin, it created a duplicate my account page (eg slug my-account-2)

When I deleted this duplicate page, and changed the setting to refer to the correct booking page, I get a ‘page not found’ whenever clicking the booking link in the my account section.

Basically the setting page does not seem to update the link destination correctly.

Could you please advise of a fix to this?
    Thanks

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Thoams,

Thanks for contacting us. Could you please try to navigate to Appearance > Menus and select a menu where you need to check the settings of the menu item ‘My Account’? Thus you will be able to check the URL of the menu item and fix it or remove and add a proper one.
    You may also submit a request to our support team to get assistance.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Thomas Hallwright
    Participant

Hi, it is not a problem with the menu links.

The slug that worked was simply my-account-3
    My normal account page is my-account

But when I change the setting in the plugin to the right my account page, and add the shortcode, the links lead to the 404 page.
    They only work when I use the my-account-3 page.

I have unfortunately deleted the my-account-3 page to try fit it, so it does not work at all anymore.

I am also using woocommerce, and that uses the same page for its account details without any problems.

Thomas Hallwright
    Participant

I also just tested installing the plugin on a clean site (not yet upgraded to version 4+)
    The plugin created 2 new my account pages, meaning there were 3 in total

my-account
    my-account-2
    my-account-3

When I delete the original page before upgrading, 2 account pages are still created by motopress.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. We have replicated the case when the plugin creates 2 pages named My Account. It should be fixed in one of the next versions of the plugin.
    Since you use WooCommerce Account Page you need to create another Account page for the Hotel booking plugin and select this new page at Accommodation > Settings. For example, you may name it simply Account or Booking Account, etc.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.