Feature request: Shading or Different Colors for Imported Bookings

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Feature request: Shading or Different Colors for Imported Bookings

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Ciaran Connolly
    Participant

Hi Thomas,

Where abouts did you add this CSS code? I have tried adding it under Appearance ->Customize ->Additional CSS tab but that did not change anything. I also added it to the plugin’s core stylesheet which also did not work.

Thanks

Thomas Kolnowski
    Participant

Hello, Ciaran. I had the same problem you are having, so instead had to use the free version of the plug-in “Simple Custom CSS and JS” by SilkyPress.com to properly add the CSS to work in Admin. Make sure you set the option in the plug-in to “In Admin” under the “Where in Site” option.

Best,
    Thomas Kolnowski

UPR
    Participant

@Thomas, thank you so much for sharing this!! Would love to implement as the current admin calendar is a big problem visually.
    However, I don’t really want to use another plugin the customise the CSS.I have the same problem that adding the code to your standard WP-CSS customization does nothing. I think we would need to change the CSS of the plugin for the admin section.
    I guess we’d need to modify admin.css in the assets folder of the MPHB plugin?

@Andre
    – can you please let us know where we have to add the code and how do we ‘future’ proof this against updates of MPHB? Cheers.

…and +1 for me for customisation options of the admin calendar within the plugin. 🙂

Thank you!

Andre Flores

Hello there,

The code is indeed located in plugin CSS files and has the higher priority – this is the reason you my face issues with overriding it under Additional CSS section.
    Changing the code in plugin files is not a good way to handle this, as they will be lost each time the plugin is updated.
    I would use some third-party solution for this, as Thomas advised in his latest reply.

Regards,
    Andre

UPR
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Andre.
    Can’t we copy the file to the child theme folder and add the code there? Or is this not recommended because it will replace the whole file not just the added code?
    Cheers,
    Sash

Ally Baxter
    Participant

Another upvote from me please!

Thomas, thanks for your code – it’s already working well. How did you find what the OTA’s references were in iCal or the hotel booking plugin? I need to add in trip advisor and VRBO, but I can’t work out where to find their reference.

Thanks in advance!
    Ally

Thomas Kolnowski
    Participant

Hi, Ally. Happy to hear the CSS code is working for you. I am traveling all this week and don’t have access to all of my tools, but you’ll want to first dissect the iCal export URLs from the OTA you want to use by using a tool like iCalendar Validator https://icalendar.org/validator.html – then examine the source HTML and CSS on the MotoPress admin calendar page to see how MP is using CSS to display the imported bookings.

The tricky part is locating the unique text strings in the imported iCal text files you want to style so it does not impact the display of MP or other OTAs then using unique CSS Selectors to format the text and shading in the proper colors to make the OTA bookings stand out. One of the best references for these CSS selectors is here: https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_selectors.asp

I’m back in my office from Weds, 3 March onwards if you want to contact me privately.

Best,
    Tom Kolnowski
    Digitized House Media, LLC

Ally Baxter
    Participant

Thank you Tom, that was just what I needed!

Joshua Stewart
    Participant

Please add me as another vote for this feature request.

Andre Flores

Hello Joshua,

I have added your up-vote to the feature request, thank you!

Regards,
    Andre

Jose Antonio Alamo Rodriguez
    Participant

This seems very necessary for my client. It would be great to implement it @Andre.

Vote +++++++

Karen Robinson
    Participant

Thomas Kolnowski I just wanted to thank you for your amazing code! It has made both myself and my client extremely happy – amazing stuff!! Do you happen to know if there is a way to add the name of the person who has booked to the text that appears on the calendar? ie where it says ‘[Web]’ if it said ‘[WEB] [Sarah Jones]’ for example? Thanks again Thomas, really appreciate your insight! 🙂 🙂

Thomas Kolnowski
    Participant

Hi, Karen – happy to hear our code is working for you. On your question, I don’t believe that’s possible by using the CSS Selector approach I used. It would require a more in-depth development effort.

Now, MotoPress has included some OTA shading in the latest version of the plug-in (3.9.6 onward), and I have not looked at that yet to see what approach they are taking and to see how it might be extended. That code may also stomp on the code I developed, so be aware of that possibility.

Best,
    Thomas Kolnowski
    Digitized House Media, LLC
    Austin, Texas USA

Karen Robinson
    Participant

Hi Thomas! Thank you for your reply – yes I think you’re right. That’s interesting about version 3.9.6! Well if I get anywhere I’ll let you know – might help others too.

Thanks very much! 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.