Faster Syncing to AirBNB

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Moore
    Participant

G’day everyone,

I have this issue where when a person makes a booking via the hotel booking plugin, it can take up to 6 hours for that booking to be reflected on AirBNB, as it syncs from the hotel booking plugin calendar quite infrequently (I have been told every 6 hours).

Is there a way that I can get bookings made with the plugin to sync more frequently with airbnb? I have seen some people use google calendar, is this a google alternative? And would it go something like:
    Hotel Booking Pluging <-> Google Calendar <-> AirBNB ?

Thanks!

Paul MANDL
    Participant

Hello Thomas,

My understanding is that Airbnb pulls in external iCal calendars only twice per day. Adding a middleman would not help with this (but probably make it worse). Here you can find a recent post on this subject. In MotoPress you can configure an “automatic external calendars synchronization” as often as every 15 minutes, but I believe it’s only for importing booking calendars and not for exporting.

Cheers, Paul

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Paul MANDL.
    Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello, The MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin can share availability with any platform that supports the ical system. Major booking platforms like Airbnb, TripAdvisor, HomeAway and so on support ical.
    Our plugin downloads calendars from the connected platforms and updates the availability on your website minimum every 15 minutes automatically. External platforms download calendars from our plugin independently, according to their own schedules.
    Here is also the helpful tutorial on how to sync calendars with Airbnb appropriately.
    If you want to sync Hotel Booking calendar with Google Calendars and Airbnb, you will have to sync them separately, the variant “Hotel Booking Pluging < -> Google Calendar < -> AirBNB” will not work.

Best Regards,
    Mary Evans

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.