Export to Google Calendar/Airbnb issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel Eloy
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to export accomodation calendars to Google Calendar and Airbnb but I keep encountering the same problem: the calendar seems unreadable. I used the export link in the “Sync calendars” sections and pasted it into the import sections of both websites but Airbnb gives me an error message and Google Calendar just shows an empty calendar. I made sure that there were bookings for the accomodations. I downloaded the calendar and opened it with Notepad ++ to be sure that it contains data, and it does.
    I also imported the calendar into Google Calendar as an .ics file and it gives me the error “Unable to process file”.
    Any guess?

Thank you in advance,

Martin

using Motopress Hotel booking plugin version 3.5.1 and WordPress version 5.2.2

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Gabriel Eloy. Reason: added more information
    Gabriel Eloy
    Participant

EDIT 07/07: I just found out that the problem comes from the the plugin that is adding an empty line at the top of the iCal. When I edit the ical and remove the empty line so that the very first line is “BEGIN:VCALENDAR”, and import it as a file on Google Calendar, it works! I re-installed the plugin from the motopress website to get a clean version but nothing has changed.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Gabriel,

I’ve tested the issue locally however do not have issue and “BEGIN:VCALENDAR” is placed on line 1. So I guess the issue is caused by third party plugin installed on your WordPress. Please try to disable plugins on by one and trying to download iCal file to see if some plugin is causing the issue.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Gabriel Eloy
    Participant

Hello,
    Thank you for your reply, I did do that but nothing changed with the plugins disabled. I thought the issue would be in the exporter.php of the plugin but it doesn’t make sense because it would have been an issue for everybody. Maybe it has something to do with the files in which the events are created and stored? Do you know if there is a way to backup all of my rooms/pricing/settings data? I’d delete it from the database, reinstall the plugin, see if it works and restore my data afterwards.
    Best regards,
    Gabriel

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your reply. It looks like our agent Stacy Lind manged to fix the issue you described vi ticket system. Let me know if it is really fixed or you still need assistance?

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.