Exception: Request failed with status: 401

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Alex M
    Participant

If you get an “Exception: Request failed with status: 401” error while working with mobile app along with “The authorization header is missing” warning in Tools ->Site Health in your dashboard, then possible solution could be adding the following line of code to your .htaccess file:

SetEnvIf Authorization "(.*)" HTTP_AUTHORIZATION=$1

For more details visit https://digwp.com/2021/01/fix-site-health-error-authorization-header-missing/

Ondrej Riha
    Participant

Hi, I´m still having trouble with “Exception: Request failed with status: 401”.
    – Site Health is OK.
    – in .htaccess I have “RewriteRule .* – [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]”

The website is under construction.

Where is problem?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Ondrej,

Could you please turn off the under construction mode and try to connect with application again?

best regards,
    J. Davis

Ondrej Riha
    Participant

Hi J. Davis,

I tried disabling all plugins except Hotel Booking.
    When I try to connect with application, it returns error 401.

Plugin version is 4.2.5 and mobile application 1.0.2 build 6

best regards,
    Ondrej

Andre Flores

Hello Ondrej,

Kindly submit a request to our Help Desk providing temporary access to your WordPress dashboard, so we take a closer look at the issue.

Best regards,
    Andre Flores

Robert
    Participant

I’m having the same issue as Ondrej. Site health all fine and code added. It worked for a short period of time but now I get the 401 issue again. Were there any other suggestions from Ondrej’s support request?

Andre Flores

Hello Robert,

We have not received the support request from Ondrej, as far as I know. First of all, you should make sure the website is not in the maintenance mode, there are no firewalls on the server blocking external requests and your API key is set to Read/Write permissions. If the issue persists, provide me with temporary access to your WordPress dashboard in a private reply, so I take a closer look at it.

Regards,
    Andre

Robert
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

You may submit a private ticket referring to this topic at https://support.motopress.com

best regards,
    J. Davis

Verin Marius
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Verin Marius
    Participant

I encounter the following error message:Exception: Request failed with status: 401
    For information the health of my site is very good and my site is not in maintenance

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Verin,

Thanks for your question. Could you check the .htaccess file in the root folder of your site and make sure there is added the following line:
    SetEnvIf Authorization "(.*)" HTTP_AUTHORIZATION=$1
    If this does not help or you need our assistance to edit the .htaccess file please submit a request to our support team. Thanks.

best regards,
    John Davis

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.