Editing fonts in real time

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sandra Sailer
    Participant

When is the slider going to allow us to edit font styles in real time? Thank you.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Sandra,

We are testing the updated version of MotoPress Slider now and are going to release it in a week. We’ll notify you when we finally release the update.
    Thank you for using MotoPress and for your patience.

Best regards,
    John

Sandy

Thank you – really looking forward to this option!

Shane

I’m not sure what you mean by “real time” editing of fonts, but my question pertains to fonts that are installed in templates that have sliders already created in Motopress slider. The template I am using, Monstroid, uses the Lato font, and when I show the sliders for the site, it loads in Lato font on my screen. However, I have noticed that the font in the slider loads as Times New Roman or Arial instead of Lato. They get the Lato font appearing correctly in the Nav Menu on the same page, but not correctly in the slider. Why is that and how can I remedy it?

Shane

What I mean to say is that other people who view the website get a font other than Lato in the slider, even though the Lato font still shows up in the nave menu on the same page. Clearly they are getting the correct font on the page, but the font in the slider is incorrect. Why does that happen and how can it be resolved?

Steve
    Keymaster

Sandra, we’ve released a new version 1.2.0 of Slider plugin with the Style Editor. Now you can create and edit font styles, background and border settings etc. Check the release notes here
    https://motopress.com/plugins/changelog/slider/

Shane, the Lato font is used at the front-end but not at the Dashboard while the Dashboard doesn’t load your theme styles. Post a link to your website here so I could take a closer look.

Shane

http://66.147.244.52/~hortonla/

This is the link to temp URL for the site. This font issue is the only thing keeping us from going live today. I have viewed the sliders on both my desktop and laptop, and using Chrome, Firefox and IE11 browsers with no issues at all. However, it has been pointed out to me by other individuals that the fonts load as Times New Roman instead of Lato (as set in the slider) on their PCs no matter what browser they use. If you visit the temp site and select any of the Areas of Practice, you can see the simple Motopress sliders I have on each page. It works correctly for me every time, but for others, it appears always with the wrong font. The oddity is that the Lato font is also used in the body text and nav menu on each page, and seems to load correctly for people even when it doesn’t load properly in the slider. I have asked for help with this from TemplateMonster, where I purchased the Monstroid template, but they have no idea. Until I saw it myself, I didn’t believe it either. Any suggestions?

Shane

Also, my initial theory, as bizarre as it sounds, is that the slider was somehow loading its font from the library of the PC on which it was being viewed, while the rest of the site was loading the Lato font directly from WordPress in the browser. That might seem to make sense, except that the sliders all looked correct for me on my Samsung Galaxy, though I had never installed the Lato font on it. That seemed to kill that theory off. I therefore have no idea why the font in the slider would NOT load correctly for anyone. I also could find no examples of any such issues for fonts in Motopress sliders anywhere else posted online.

Steve
    Keymaster

Hi Shane,
    I checked your website both in Firefox and Chrome and I can’t reproduce an issue. The font is Lato.
    I also checked Lato is not installed on my PC and made a screenshot from Chrome developer tool

Do you use cache plugin at your website? Could you specify the browser and OS where the issue exists.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.