Edit booking in backend not showing all info

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Christer Fernstrom
    Participant

Hello,
    Just started unsing this plugin (ver 2.4.4, WP version 4.9.4) and found a problem with the Edit Booking function in the backend. With all options ticked in the Screen options it still only shows the slug and in the “Booking informtion” box only ID, checkin_date and check_out date. Nothing more, and none of this is editable. (And no datepicker appears for the dates).

In the documentation it says “Each of the received booking requests is editable, so if you want to edit any of the existed ones, go to Bookings → in the list choose the needed one → click Edit. You may update all info about the booking: select another real accommodation, change booking rate, change check-in and check-out dates, accommodation occupancy and services. You are also free to change customer’s details in the same section.”

Can you confirm that what is stated in the documentation is correct and that for some reason my editing page is truncated? The Javascript console shows no errors. (I should say that I use the qTranslate-X plugin, but have disabled it).

— christer

• This topic was modified 6 years ago by Christer Fernstrom.
    Christer Fernstrom
    Participant

I’m providing a partial answer myself.

What did NOT work:

• I disabled all plugins except Hotel Booking and switched to a vanilla theme (2017).
    • Tben I installed and ran the Advanced Database Cleaner plugin to clean out unused data, and the Transient Manager to delete all transients.

Still the same problem.

What DID (at least partly) work:

• I created a completely fresh WordPress installation, installed all the same plugins and themes, activated them and my theme. Then I exported all data (posts, pages, accomodations, bookings, etc) from the old site and imported into the fresh installation.

I now see all the metaboxes when editing the booking in the admin panel. However, the checkin/checkout dates are not editable (and there is no calendar popup) and I don’t see a possibility to select a different real accomodation.

I really don’t understand what was the problem. I suspect there was an old option somewhere in the database, maybe added by an earlier plugin, that did not play well with the Hotel Booking plugin. Luckily I’m still running a development server. I cross my fingers this will not happen again.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Christer Fernstrom.
    J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Christer,

Thank you for your question. The editing booking ID and Check-in/out parameters was disabled after release of plugin version where iCal synchronization option has been added. This might cause a mess in calendars of other OTAs. However you should be able to edit customer information, etc.
    We’ll update documentation and remove that deprecated description shortly. Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
    John

Christer Fernstrom
    Participant

Hi John,

Thanks for this information. I can understand that fiddling with the check-in/ check-out dates and the bookings of the real accomondations may create temporary inconsistencies with synchronised calendars. But in reality the same thing will happen now. If a customer for example would like to change the check-in date, the current booking will need to be cancelled and a new booking made. This will also create an insistency until the calendars have been sychronized.

Being able to change the real accomodation of a booking may be necessary to squeeze in new bookings without forcing clients to switch room during their stay. If I only rely on the plugin’s automatic mapping of accomodation types to real accomodations when the booking is made, without the possibility to manually make a change, I may run into situations where a new booking request is refused, when in reality it would have been possible to accept it. It would therefore be most convenient to keep this possibility!

Best regards,
    — christer

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Christer,

Thank you for your thoughts. As we have stated prior – the role of accommodations is to show the real quantity of accommodation types in your hotel, hostel, etc in order to show real availability. Thus they do no represent exact rooms in rental establishment.
    If you need to move some guest to other room you can try adding that information/log into booking notes for example.

best regards,
    John

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello!

We are happy to notify you about the updated 3.8.0 version of the MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin where was added the ability to edit existing bookings: you can now update check-in and check-out dates, rates, services, etc., as well as add, replace, or remove accommodations in the original bookings.

We notify you since you’ve requested this feature before.

In case you’ve got Hotel Booking inbuilt into a MotoPress rental theme, please, have a look at this article: Updates for Hotel Booking in a MotoPress rental theme

We also recommend having a look at addons for the Hotel Booking plugin that expand its functionality and help get more satisfied guests.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.