Edit back-end Booking Calendar view

• This topic has 14 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Patricia Llonch.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Kerry Miller
    Participant

Just wondering if there is a way to change what time period the Bookings Calendar automatically shows? To be clear, I’m referring to the bookings calendar in the back-end, not the Availability calendars visible to website visitors. My Bookings Calendar used to automatically show the current month, but a while ago it suddenly changed to a “Custom” view. If possible, I’d like it to automatically show the current month again, or the current quarter. Thanks!

Andre Flores

Hello Kerry,

This is the feature that was added to the latest Hotel Booking versions. Currently it shows one previous date (just for the information) and 20 days ahead – this allows to always see today’s date at the left and 20 more days, so it is clear who and when is going to arrive. We are planning to allow users selecting desired view by default in future, so far there is no such option available in the plugin.

Regards,
    Andre

Patricia Llonch
    Participant

Is there any news on this topic so far? I would also like to see more weeks ahead on the calendar by default
    Thank you!

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your question. There was not any update on this so far as there are no many upvotes. We still collect feedback from other users. I’ve added your upvote too. Thank you for this.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Patricia Llonch
    Participant

Thank you.

Tom Smith
    Participant

How do I upvote for this?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Tom,

We have added your upvote. Thanks.

best regards,
    J. Davis

David Knox
    Participant

I too would like to be able to select a default view of the calendar.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

We have added your upvote. Thanks.

Thomas Levack
    Participant

I have a workaround for this as my client wanted the admin calendar to default to the month setting.

I just set the page to the month setting, and then the simplest way is to bookmark that page. I went a step further by adding a button on the dashboard with that link using White Label CMS. Now my client has two options to open the admin calendar, which they like.

This workaround led me to build a cool dashboard for the hotel manager role. I made buttons with a smartphone look that link to the most commonly used pages. I used the same technique to directly Link to the “New Booking” page, so users don’t have to open the booking page and then click on the new bookings link.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for sharing your experience. We appreciate it.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Andre Flores

Hi everyone,

We are delighted to let you know that we have recently released the Hotel Booking v. 4.7.0 update with the ability to change a default display range on the admin bookings calendar added. Make sure to update the plugin to the latest version to have this new feature.

Regards,
    Andre

Patricia Llonch
    Participant

I have v.4.6.0 (in Luviana). Is there a way to update? In that case: How to change the default display range?
    Thank you very much!

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Patricia, You may wait till the plugin is updated in your theme or purchase a license of the Hotel Booking plugin to get updates once they are released.

Patricia Llonch
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.