- This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 5 months ago by Stacy Lind.
- July 16, 2016 at 5:28 am #341173SteliosGuest
1) There is an option to show category description when adding the “Show categories” shortcode, but this option is not available in “Show menu items” shortcode. I really need to display category description below the category name when when showing menu items. Can you please let me know how to achieve this ? I don’t mind editing the plugin and maintain the updates myself….i tried doing this by using something like
<?php echo term_description( $term_id, $taxonomy ) ?>but with no luck.<br>
I would appreciate any help with this.<br><br>
2) Any way to display the menu item description when using the shortcode?(i mean not when viewin the sinle menu item page but when viewing the list)<br><br>
I would really appreciate any help especially with (1) as it is important for us, because we have categories and all the food items under those categories can be served with specific sides(a different selection for each category) so we used the categories description to display those.<br><br>
Thanks in advanceJuly 21, 2016 at 12:17 pm #343641J. DavisKeymaster
Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately there is no option to get description under category name at Category Page and under the menu item. I’ve added both requests to features list. Probably we’ll enable this in one of our further updates.
JohnApril 18, 2017 at 9:47 am #508149pinkISHGuest
You can copy the correct code from one file and paste it into the other file.
The code showing category description is in this file:
(lines 14 to 24)
You should paste it here:
(at line 13)
Or you can take that code somewhere else and paste it where you need it 🙂April 20, 2017 at 3:48 pm #509292J. DavisKeymaster
Yes, since that time we have made it possible to override templates of the plugin. We recommend to follow this guide as it will let you save changes even after plugin update.
JohnAugust 18, 2017 at 10:13 pm #560304Asad Ullah Nusrat.Guest
I am using your plugin on to a website.
How I can rewrite the URL as it’s showing something like this.
I want to change the menu-category to menu or food etc. I would really appreciate if you let me know how I can do it.
AsadAugust 21, 2017 at 10:35 am #560860Stacy LindKeymaster
Unfortunately, there is no such option. But we will keep it in mind for further updates. Thank you for your suggestion.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.