Direct Transfer Bank – Payment Pending – availability synced with OTA

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Direct Transfer Bank – Payment Pending – availability synced with OTA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    eric Brabants
    Participant

When making a reservation with payment via Direct Transfer Bank, with the option “Enable Auto-Abandonment” activated ….

The accommodation is well blocked on “Hotel booking” which a “Payment Pending” status, while waiting the customer do the payment (via transfert), and therefore not bookable by another customer

… But it remains available for booking on OTAs : there is no sync via iCal (AirBnB, Booking, Abritel)

and therefore a risk of double booking 🙁

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your question. There are added bookings with confirmed status to the ical file. You may use the online payment gateways or Test Payment gateway to confirm the booking immediately.

best regards,
    John Davis

Maurice Couwenberg
    Participant

hi,

I face the same problem because my customer pay by banktransfer. This means a few days the accommodation is blocked in MTHB but not synced to the OTA´s. Very risky, currently we have to manually adjust in each OTA´s as workaround. To trigger the sync earlier, I can manually change the status of the reservation to confirmed (before payment received) …but this triggers also the email send out informing the customer that he has paid and reservation is confirmed. this was a recent, very good process improvement by MTHB, but it give me now the sync problem. Anybody ideas how to solve?
    BR
    Maurice

eric Brabants
    Participant

@Maurice Couwenberg

I couldn’t have said it better myself

This very good evolution of the booking process, generates a lot of problems, risks of double booking, because of a tiny detail

And we have no reasonable solution

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

Literally, the booking is not confirmed yet because you did not get a payment from the customer. There is always a risk of double booking when the payment is delayed. You should rather use online payment gateways like PayPal or Stripe with immediate payments.

best regards,
    John Davis

eric Brabants
    Participant

I agree, no payment … no confirmation

And the “Enable Auto-Abandonment” feature is really great

But during the “Period of time in hours a user has to pay for a booking” these dates are unavailable for booking on my site, while on OTAs they are available …

I need the status to be the same on the site AND on the OTAs

At this point, the only solution I have is to manually force the reservation as confirmed, which adds confusion to my customers

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. We will keep an eye on this request and add it to our list of features if we get more upvotes.

best regards,
    John Davis

István Tornyos
    Participant

With the greatest respect, but I think this is a mistake for which a solution should be found urgently and not waiting for a sufficient number of votes to arrive. All other providers have a minimum grace period for the transfer to arrive.

Daniel Steinmann
    Participant

J.Davis, you say “You should rather use online payment gateways like PayPal or Stripe with immediate payments.” I am sorry but you as a developer and we as the web designers can not tell our customers how to run their business. In my clients case, they use Paypal and Direct Bank Transfer as payment option so it is up to the guest to choose whatever is easier for them and this is what good customer service is about.

That said, my client as an issue with this “improvement” as well. At least give us an option to use the settings as before you implemented this improvement.

A client chooses to pay via Bank Transfer and as a matter of fact the money is otw but it takes 2-3 business days to clear the account. In the meantime the nights get booked on an OTA as they are not blocked there despite the Bank Transfer client already has paid. Now deal with the charge back of the bank and an upset client.

In short, please add my request to the list and give us back the old setting (at least as an option). And this is not me requesting it but my client.

eric Brabants
    Participant

I’m a lodge owner and I’m in the same situation as Daniel Steinmann.

In my case, I offer to my customers to use Stripe or PayPal or Direct Bank Transfer as payment options.
    Here in France, many old people prefer Direct Bank Transfer, which is better known and more reassuring to them.

Transfers generally take between 1 and 3 working days.

During this period, with the new settings, the risk of double booking becomes very high …. along with the risks of insatifactions, extra work, financial loss, bad Google rating and so on.

Give us a “practical” solution

Sincerely
    Eric

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We have created such a request and will do our best to offer a proper solution for this case.

best regards,
    John Davis

Maurice Couwenberg
    Participant

hello,

Since the new release in April, we have to solve manually the blocking at the OTA for reservations pending payment. The high season is now almost over and it was a bad experience because I could not trust on the normal sync.

Please inform your customers using the direct transfer bank functionality when you are going to solve this issue. This is going to be a real showstopper for using MPHB.

Anybody found a work around to trigger the sync to OTA directly after the reservation?

Maurice

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Maurice, Thanks for your feedback. I’ve added your upvote. We will notify you once we have any news on this.

Ragnhilds
    Participant

We’re having the same issue with double bookings when the customer has chosen bank transfer as payment, the booking on the iCal doesn’t block on the OTAs. It’d be great to have a toggle to say if booking is pending THEN block on the iCal for OTAs.

Is there an ETA for when this feature will become available? Not having this feature is causing us a lot of headaches and fees.

Maurice Couwenberg
    Participant

hi, yes, we need an ETA for this. It is not a strange question, airbnb also blocks the calendar while the customer has 24 or 48 hours to pay (or cancel). So please Motopress, if you make changes in your system, make sure they don´t cause other major problems. think through, ask you customers or a review before going live and take care!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.