Delayed Calendar Sync

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Rachel Brown
    Participant

My client’s calendar syncs with their VRBO calendars. All is working with the sync except that it is delayed. I have enabled automatic calendar synchronization with the interval of a quarter of an hour. I understand from your documentation that to prevent unnecessary requests to the server, the automatic sync occurs within the set interval only if there is a visitor to the site within that quarter of an hour. The documentation goes on to say that, “the plugin will download bookings from external calendars as soon as someone visits your website.” I have checked the website calendar after they receive a VRBO booking, and it takes much longer than 15 minutes for the website calendar to reflect the booking made on VRBO even when I visit the website intending to trigger the bookings download. I’m curious…once there is a visitor to the website to trigger the bookings download, when does it actually happen? Immediately? At the next scheduled 15-minute sync?

Is there a setting I should change and where can I access the synchronization logs? (I’ll add a follow-up private post with login info for the site so that you can answer these last questions. Thanks!)

Rachel Brown
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andre Flores

Hello Rachel,

I have installed the WP Crontrol plugin and it looks like there is an event which overrides standard synchronization event – it is called mphb_ical_sync_cron and set to run every 5 minutes. Unfortunately, there is no way to remove that event due to the following error:

The cron event mphb_ical_sync_cron could not be found.

I would recommend that you contact your server administrator to have that event removed. After that you will need to schedule a new synchronization using Clock option under Accommodation ->Settings – this should resolve the issue.

Regards,
    Andre

Rachel Brown
    Participant

Thank you, Andre. I reached out to the server administrator with the situation and heard this back: “I have consulted on the case here with our senior technicians and they have confirmed that as far as the server goes – there isn’t any default cron events that override custom ones set for the site. The mphb_ical_sync_cron event here is coming from within the site itself, likely from its theme or from another of the active plugins. I am looking at the plugin folder of the site and I can see plugins that have “mphb” in their name. So it is highly likely that one (or some ) of them are responsible for the issue here.”

What do you recommend based on their reply?

Rachel Brown
    Participant

Just checking back in. The site’s launch has been delayed a week because of this issue and my client is frustrated. I need resolution on this situation ASAP. Thank you.

Andre Flores

Hello Rachel,

Check your website, the synchronization now works properly every 15 minutes: https://prnt.sc/14o76w9. You should make sure to disable Maintenance mode for the synchronization to occur.

Regards,
    Andre

Rachel Brown
    Participant

Thank you so much!!! It’s working now!

Andre Flores

You are most welcome, I am glad I could help.
    It would be very much appreciated if you leave your positive feedback about the Hotel Booking plugin at: https://motopress.com/products/hotel-booking/#edd-reviews-respond.

Thank you in advance!

Celine VANO
    Participant

Hello, I have exactly the same problem. Can you help me ?
    I’m adding a private follow-up post with the login details for the site so you can respond to me.
    Thank you!

Celine VANO
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andre Flores

Hello Celine,

I have installed the WP Crontrol plugin and scheduled an automatic synchronization using Time option under Accommodation ->Settings and the synchronization event appeared under Tools ->Cron Events: https://prnt.sc/151ij87. Now automatic synchronization should work fine with the configured sync interval.

Regards,
    Andre

Celine VANO
    Participant

Thank you very much, that seems to be working !

Andre Flores

Hello Celine,

You are welcome! It would be nice if you could share your positive experience with the Hotel Booking plugin at: https://motopress.com/products/hotel-booking/#edd-reviews-respond.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.