Customising individual accomodations

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Coton
    Participant

Hello there

I am working on a guest house site for my client using your plugin. They have 10 rooms, all of which are unique to each other. There are 4 accommodation types, two sizes of the family room, single and double rooms. There are 4 single rooms and 4 double rooms, all charging the same rate etc, but the photography and views etc are very different. Is there a way to show this in the individual accomodation?

At the moment I have it set up so that each room is its own accomodation type, but that will create issues when searching for double or single rooms etc, also with their booking dot com listing.

Andre Flores

Hello Andrew,

If each room appears to be unique, you should indeed create each one as a separate accommodation type, so your guests could select desired room. Could you provide some more information on the issues that occur with search and syncing with Booking.com?

Regards,
    Andre

Andrew Coton
    Participant

Thank you for your reply

I do now have each room set up as an accommodation type, booking.com listings now re3flect that and from that point of view things are ok.

I am now having a different problem where the calendars won’t sync. I have left most settings as the default unless I had a good reason to change them. When I go to the syncing tab, I am presented with a link, which I am to copy and paste from the motopress plugin and copy into the booking.com calendar section. When I do this, booking.com presents an error “This is not a valid iCal URL. Please try again.” I have made sure that “Do not export imported bookings” box is not ticked.

Any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated.

Alvaro Perea Venzala
    Participant

Same problem here… Have you find the problem by importing the WP URB in booking.com?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Alvaro,

Please make sure your site is public and there is not enabled under construction/maintenance mode on your site. For this you may copy any iCal URL from the dashboard > booking > sync calendars and try to open this link in a private window (incognito) being logged out. If the link is valid it should suggest you save the ICS file.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Andrew Coton
    Participant

I solved my login problem – it was to do with the security settings on my server itself. The firewall was allowing it to pass, but I still had to add the ical as an exception to the security settings.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your shared experience.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.