Confirmation Email not sent out to customer – manual booking by admin

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Confirmation Email not sent out to customer – manual booking by admin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul Willcox
    Participant

Hello.

We have the site set up perfectly and all up and running. If someone makes a booking we take a deposit via stripe. The site admin gets a booking confirmation email, as does the customer.

If a booking is made manually in the back end by admin, neither the site admin or the customer gets the confirmation email.

I installed WP Mail Log and I can see WordPress “thinks” it has sent the email to the customer. There are no errors. But the email doesnt arrive. I have tested this myself (as the developer) with my own email address as the customer, and indeed, it doesnt arrive (checked spam etc).

Its extremely unusual for the email log to be inaccurate as we have used it many times before. Any ideas?

I have gone back and re-tested the same process but actually making the booking as if I was a customer (and paying the deposit via stripe) and I get the confirmation email instantly (as does the site admin)

Thanks.

Paul Willcox
    Participant

Actually my apologies, the customer isnt receiving the confirmation email full stop, no matter which method of booking is made. The confirmation email is not set to “disabled” or anything.

Admin recieves confirmation email if booking is made by the customer.

Alex M
    Participant

Paul, do you see a message: “Approved Booking Email mail was sent to customer” in the Log panel of the booking?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.