- This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 4 months ago by Mary Evans.
- July 27, 2020 at 11:35 am #984434C GreenParticipant
My first time trying to set up the hotel booking plugin, and I’m struggling to get it working properly. My client has 3 rates:
1. Fri/Sat rates per night, plus a minimum 3 night stay, variable by number of people.
2. Weekday rates per night, variable by number of people.
3. Weekly rates, variable by number of people. Minimum 7 nights stay.
I’m having difficulty in a couple of areas:
Firstly the 3 night minimum stay works fine when checking in on a Friday or Saturday, but not on a Wednesday or a Thursday. I don’t want a check-in on a Thursday to have a min 3 night stay – but I also don;t want a 2 night stay (Thu, Fri) to be allowed!
Secondly, when I try to book for a week, it applies the day rates. In this case I want the weekly rates to jump to the top. I was hoping the minimum 7 night stay rule might have kicked in. I know (think) I can ‘solve’ this problem by adding a night variation on the day rate price (and I may well end up doing this) but is there any other way within the plugin to get this working?
Thanks in advanceJuly 28, 2020 at 7:06 am #984845Mary EvansParticipant
Please, follow the instructions below and let us know if this solution fits your needs:
– create 2 seasons (weekends and week days)
– add booking rules for these seasons as in this screenshot https://prnt.sc/tppm8w
– add seasonal prices for “weekends” and “week days” seasons and specify price for 7 nights (see this screenshot https://prnt.sc/tppmu4).
Mary EvansJuly 28, 2020 at 8:18 am #984872C GreenParticipant
Hi Mary no that won’t work (although I did try it to confirm).
– Guests should be able to check in and check out any day
– If the stay includes a Friday or Saturday night the minimum length should be 3 nights
^^ This is essentially what I need to achieve
CorrineJuly 28, 2020 at 8:32 am #984874C GreenParticipant
I should say with the 2 seasons set up and a minimun stay of 3 nights applied to weekends, I can *almost* achieve this. It’s just the boundary condition:
It works for guests checking in on a Fri, Sat. The issue is only with a Thursday check in where the following 2 scenarios should be allowed:
1. Check in Thursday for 1 night
2. Check in Thursday for 3 nights
Scenario 3 is check in Thursday for 2 nights. As this includes a Friday it should *not* be allowedJuly 29, 2020 at 7:07 am #985286Mary EvansParticipant
In the “Check-in days” booking rule, you should specify the needed days for check-in of the needed season(s). Then, in the “Minimum stay” booking rule you should specify minimum number of nights to stay and season(s) to apply this rule to.
If the Thursday day is included to the season that has 3 nights Minimum stay rule and applies to the “Check-in days” booking rule, it will not be possible to book less than 3 nights when checking-in on Thursdays since rules cannot be broken.
Mary EvansJuly 29, 2020 at 7:42 am #985296C GreenParticipant
But this is the issue – it should be possible to book 1 night on a Thursday check-in. Just not 2. So that won’t work either.
I was thinking along similar lines and set up a Thursday Check In Season.
Check In Day Thu, Check out any day but Friday. But that means anyone checking in on a Thursday can never check out on a Friday. So that’s not quite working either ….July 29, 2020 at 7:50 am #985297C GreenParticipant
^^ Actually what I will do is confirm with my client that a 3 night stay on a Thursday is acceptable. It might well be, which would be easier all round!July 30, 2020 at 6:55 am #985709Mary EvansParticipant
I’m afraid, there is no possibility to book 1 night or 3 (but not 2) when checking-in on Thursday (but also be able to check-out on Friday if it is not the 2nd day of booking) by following the description of the desired result you need (if there is no misunderstanding).
The request is rather complicated.
Mary EvansJuly 30, 2020 at 7:55 am #985726C GreenParticipant
Thanks! I’ll push the 3 night min stay on a Thursday solution.July 31, 2020 at 6:39 am #986172Mary EvansParticipant
You are welcome, Corrine!
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions in the future.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.