Children Age pricing?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Michaela Wimmer
    Participant

Hallo,
    it is very common in Austria to have a discount for children if they are
    under 14 (-50%) and 15-18 (-20%) only if they sleep on an additional movable bed for example.

Is there a way to handy this system in the Hotel Booking-Module?
    E.g. they have to enter the age of the children 1 2 n after selecting n Children.

I thought about adding additional service, but the price is chanching per room cathegorie and season…

Please help us with our problem.
    Thank you very much,
    kind regards
    Robert

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your question. Thus is rather personalized request as there are different variations of children age within each country or rental property and we can not provide solution for each one. There is possibility to indicate different price for capacity children capacity while working with rates.
    If you have more age variations we recommend to provide discount codes for your guests to get discounts.
    Or you may create few different rates for each case and age variation. So your guests will pick the proper rate on the checkout.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Gundula Uray
    Participant

Would be really nice to get more flexibility here not just for Austria but also the UK etc….

Also the Variable Pricing for children is solved in an ugly way.

For an apartment/chalet/hut that can take up to 10 guestst I have to enter these variations for just :

ADULTS CHILDREN
    5———–0
    5———–1
    5———–2
    5———–3
    5———–4
    5———–5

This is just ONE singele variation!! I have to repeat the same with even more variations for Adults 1 and adults 2 and adults 3 and adults 4 and adults 6 and adults 7 and adults 8 and adults 10.

Dear MOTOPRESS Team this is not maintanable!

Please intro a field where I can enter

ADULTS Children
    5———–0 to 5

This is a STANDARD feature on all booking sites like airbnb, booking.com etc etc…..

Andre Flores

Hello Gundula,

Thank you for your suggestion and feedback, it is much appreciated.
    We will definitely consider it for future plugin updates.

Regards,
    Andre

Sylvain Deschamps
    Participant

Imagine for us with up to 20 persons per chalet with a minimum of one adult how long it would take πŸ˜‰ Anyway. I upvote your thread to πŸ™‚

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Sylvain,

Thanks for your comment. Could you please describe the solution you would offer to enhance the process of enabling variable pricing per number of guests? Screenshots or examples are appreciated.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Sylvain Deschamps
    Participant

Long post but, by the number of posts I saw when doing a search, many need the children field and many are away or moved away from the Booking plugin because of that. That said.

I think what many needs is one or two children fields. To make it “easier”to program, something like a numeric value for children1 that you can put x to y, children2 from y to z, children3 from xx to zz with a check box to add them in the total amount of guests yes/no and additonal fees yes/no. In the booking plugin, it’s already there for adults/children so if it’s 20 maximum with minimum 1 adult and 19 children, all children fields are added if selected in the global number and cost are added if selected. We also need in the rates, something not having to add everyyyyyyy single combination… Just need a validation afterwards for a data cost for each children field. For us, each accomodations are up to 20 persons, we have about 20 different rates and we will have different accomodation types, there must be a way to calculate kids automatically with a check mark or so without the need to enter every combination. Otherwise, imagine creating 14 adults, 1 kid, 14 adults, 2 kids, 14 adults, 3 kids, 4 kids, 5 kids, 6 kids, thant 15 adults, 1 kid, 2,3,4,5 kids, 16 adults, 1 kid, 2,3,4 and so on… And this, for all the rates that we have, ~3600 entries, non-sense.

In a more specific way just for brain storming, this is the way we calculate our pricing:
    – All prices are up to 13 persons (max 20 for additional fees)
    The order of the pricing: 1) Adults 12 years old and up 2) Children 6 years old to 11 years old 3) Children 0 to 5 years old.
    So after 13 persons:
    25$/adult (12 years old and up)
    12.50$/children between 6 and 11
    0-5 years old: Free
    Always for a maximum of 20 persons (it’s the law here). So we must calculate everybody in our total amount but for the 0-5 years old, it’s free. Of course, it means additionnal booking fields “Adults (12 years old and up)” “Children (6 years old to 11 years old)” “Infants/Children (0 to 5 years old)”…

Hope it helps your team.

Sylvain Deschamps
    Participant

Let me know how to include screenshots but most not all sites you can supply the children in an easy way for price calcuation without having to do all the combinations I told you. I know Motopress is no Airbnb or Expedia but when you select the number of persons, you have choices of:
    Airbnb:
    Adult 13+
    Children 2-12
    Infants Under 2

Expedia:
    Adults 18+
    Children 0-17
    Every child you add, you need to specify the age of each.
    Same for Booking , Hotels, “Age needed” when you key in Children.

Kayak.com
    Adults 18+
    Students over 18
    Youths 12-17
    Children 2-11
    Infants under 2

etc … etc …

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Sylvain,

Thanks for your reply and for your feedback. You may upload screenshots to dropbox or google drive and share them here with URLs or use some screenshot software like lightshot, etc. that allows you to share the screenshot URL.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Nicole Paton
    Participant

Can I please add a vote for the need to input a price per extra adult and price per extra child without the need to add in many many variations for accommodations which have large numbers of beds?

Also we need a field for number of infants. They are free, however I need to know that they are coming as only some rooms have space for a cot. So far I have just asked them to mention the infant in notes but this is not ideal.

Alex M
    Participant

Hi Nicole,

You can create a free service and apply it for the certain rooms that have space for a cot.

Nicole Paton
    Participant

Yes, I have done that however that is not exactly what we need. We need to know when they are searching for rooms if they have an infant and only show them the rooms with space for a cot if they do. Also only allow them to book rooms which fit an infant. A free service not showing up as an option is not going to forbid them from booking rooms which can’t fit an infant.

Alex M
    Participant

It’s not a solution for your request, but you may use Attributes to narrow the search.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.