Checkout Fields Required field conflict

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nathaniel Fraley
    Participant

I have an RV Lot rental website in which we needed custom fields during checkout like:

Type of RV
    Year of RV
    RV Length
    How many children
    How many pets

I need these fields to be required as we need to know what is coming into the RV Resort.

However, I got phone calls from people telling me they made reservations but did not get any emails. After looking, I didn’t see any reservations in the admin. I checked my Stripe account, and it processed the credit card. I tried making a reservation myself to test this, and the same thing happened to me, but instead of getting a payment confirmation page, it said, “How many Pets are required.” I disabled the requirement part and found it saved my information the next time. So maybe there is a conflict about how many required items there can be?

I have a new second website, and it did the same thing. Also, I tried seeing my booking on the My Account page, but it said no bookings. Is this because I am an Admin or?

I have all the plugins up to date, I also sent a support ticket to help me with this waiting to hear back. THanks

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Nathaniel,

Thanks for your question.

1. I was not able to replicate the issue locally. Could you please specify what OS and browser you have used to make a reservation without filling in the required field?

2. When a new booking is placed by the customer, there are created User (WordPress User) and Customer (Bookings > Customers). The user and customer are linked to each other so the history of bookings is available by default. When the booking was added using the email of an existing user, there is created a customer and you need to edit it to indicate the related ID of the user to link them.
    So you may check if there is a user and a customer with the same email and edit the customer to add the ID of the user to link them.
    Let me know if it is helpful or if you have any additional questions.

best regards,
    John Davis

Glenford Williamson
    Participant

We are not getting email also. None… is it a problem with gmail?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi, please check this article to learn more about email delivery

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.