Carriage returns being removed by plugin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tony

I create a table using your plugin, then copy the code and insert into a page tab – but the table breaks.

The table data requires carriage returns as the row delimiter – but the plugin removes carriage returns when pasting the table data into a tab.

The table data is then completely messed up.

No mater how many times I fix the data via the plugin, the carriage returns get stripped out.

The strange thing is, it doesn’t get rid of all carriage returns. Only some. Therefore a 20 row table may potentially only show 5 rows where carriage returns work and the rest of the rows merge as new columns.

If I go fix the data, then other rows may break.

The only way I have managed to fix it is by editing the MySQL data – proving that editing tabs breaks the tables.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

I’ve just tested it locally and it seems to work properly. Do you add the tables to tabs in the same way?:

1. launch MotoPress Editor and add a table
    2. close editor and copy the shortcode of the table e.g.
      [mp_table mp_style_classes="mp-theme-table-brand motopress-table-first-col-left"]

Year,Sales,Expenses

[/mp_table]
    3. launch MotoPress Editor at page with my tabs widget
    4. open tab content at WordPress Editor, switch to text mode ans paste my table shortcode
    5. save changes at WordPress Editor and visual builder

If you do that same steps and you still have issue I ask you to submit a request to our tech support department providing admin login data and codes of your tables. We’ll test it for you.

Best regards,
    John

Tony

Hi John,

Ok, I’ve experimented further and have found the actual problem.

1. Launch MotoPress Editor with tabs widget
    2. open tab content at WordPress Editor, switch to text mode and paste the following code:

<h2>Compare</h2>
    [mp_table mp_style_classes="mp-theme-table-brand motopress-table-first-col-left"]

A,B,C,D
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,[mp_icon icon="fa fa-check" icon_size="mini" icon_size_custom="26" icon_alignment="center" bg_shape="circle" icon_background_size="2" animation="none" mp_style_classes="mp-theme-icon-bg-brand"],[mp_icon icon="fa fa-check" icon_size="mini" icon_size_custom="26" icon_alignment="center" bg_shape="circle" icon_background_size="2" animation="none" mp_style_classes="mp-theme-icon-bg-brand"],[mp_icon icon="fa fa-check" icon_size="mini" icon_size_custom="26" icon_alignment="center" bg_shape="circle" icon_background_size="2" animation="none" mp_style_classes="mp-theme-icon-bg-brand"]
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,[mp_icon icon="fa fa-check" icon_size="mini" icon_size_custom="26" icon_alignment="center" bg_shape="circle" icon_background_size="2" animation="none" mp_style_classes="mp-theme-icon-bg-brand"],[mp_icon icon="fa fa-check" icon_size="mini" icon_size_custom="26" icon_alignment="center" bg_shape="circle" icon_background_size="2" animation="none" mp_style_classes="mp-theme-icon-bg-brand"],[mp_icon icon="fa fa-check" icon_size="mini" icon_size_custom="26" icon_alignment="center" bg_shape="circle" icon_background_size="2" animation="none" mp_style_classes="mp-theme-icon-bg-brand"]
    [/mp_table]

3. save changes at WordPress Editor and go back to visual editor – the table appears broken in visual editor and shows rows as columns.

4. preview page – the table looks perfectly fine

5. rename the tab

6. preview page – the table is broken on the page and shows rows as columns.

So there are two issues here – first issue is the visual editor does not display the table correctly, but the page does. Then the second issue is, if I rename the tab (and possibly any other change), then it breaks the table and it doesn’t display correctly on the page.

Thanks
    Tony.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

1. I’ve tried to rename the tab with my table and changes were not lost and it did not mess up.

2. Yes, I could see that table with your content was messed-up at editor but looked properly on page preview. Then I’ve added default table content and relaunched MotoPress editor. The content was not messed up. Thus issue is with content of your table. Probably it is too heavy with its icon shortcodes for simple table object and you should better add tables using special plugin. You will be able to add table shortcode to Tabs widget.

Best regards,
    John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.