Can’t always choose the current day

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Andrea Whitmer
    Participant

I just launched a site with this plugin and we noticed last night that we were unable to select the current day as the check-in date. Right now (morning in my time zone) I’m able to select it, but at some point it switches over and won’t allow me to choose it.

Is this controlled by the check-in time in the settings? Or is there a way to adjust it? In this case, it’s a campground where people often book at the last minute, so we would like for them to be able to choose the current date as the check-in date until a certain time in the evening.

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Andrea,

We could not recreate the issue locally. Please, make sure you’ve specified the correct Timezone in your WordPress Settings.
    You can check this under your dashboard > Settings > General > Timezone.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Andrea Whitmer
    Participant

I know this topic is older, but this issue persists nearly a year later. After a certain point in the evening, reservations can’t be made for the same day – only for future dates. The time zone is set correctly on the site and matches the server time.

What controls this cutoff? Is it the check-in time in the settings? I really need to get this resolved.

Andre Flores

Hello Andrea,

Basically, there are no restrictions for the same-day bookings in the Hotel Booking plugin, and I must say we have not received similar complaints from other users to the date. Is there specific time in the evening when bookings can not be made for the same day? I would kindly ask that you provide me with your website URL and temporary access to WordPress dashboard in a private reply, so I take a closer look at the issue.

Regards,
    Andre

Andrea Whitmer
    Participant

Hi Andre,

It happens around 9pm Mountain Time (the site is based in Colorado). If someone comes to the campground late at night and staff try to add the reservation, the search shows nothing available for that date. If they choose a future date, it shows all the available accommodations.

I have asked for clarification on exactly what steps they’re taking, but I believe they are doing this from the front end so the customer can fill out the form and pay through the site, as they don’t have a card reader to take payments in person.

We are doing a new push to staging, to make sure everything matches the live site, and I’ll reply privately with the credentials once I have them.

Andrea Whitmer
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Andrea Whitmer
    Participant

Checking in on this – I provided login credentials nearly a week ago.

Andre Flores

Hello Andrea,

I am sorry for the delayed response. I was able to replicate the issue and have passed it for further investigation to our developers. Once I receive any feedback from them, I will immediately let you know.

Regards,
    Andre

Andrea Whitmer
    Participant

Do you have an approximate ETA for some news on this? It has been another week and the client is still unable to book for the same day after 9pm. I understand it takes time for the developers to research an issue but this has been ongoing for a year total, so I’d love to find a solution.

Andre Flores

Hello Andre,

I am following your concerns. Unfortunately, there is no exact ETA, but I will do my best to speed up the resolution for you.

Regards,
    Andre

Andrea Whitmer
    Participant

Checking in yet again… It has now been 13 months with no resolution. I renewed the license for this plugin but wish I hadn’t as it appears we will have to find a new plugin and start over. This has been a terrible experience and I’m very unhappy with the lack of support.

Andre Flores

Hello Andrea,

I am extremely sorry for such a delay and inconvenience you have faced.
    We have received several more complaints from other users regarding this matter recently, so we have pushed the issue for further investigation.
    Our developers have already found a resolution to the issue and it will be included in the next plugin update, which is expected to be released shortly.

I hope for your understanding and thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Andre

Andre Flores

Hello Andrea,

I am delighted to let you know that we have just released the Hotel Booking v. 3.9.9 with guests not being able to book accommodations for the same date late in the evening issue fixed. Feel free to update the plugin to the latest version to have the issue resolved.
    You will find the full list of changes included in the latest version in plugin Release Notes.

Regards,
    Andre

Andrea Whitmer
    Participant

Thanks very much for letting me know, Andre. I look forward to trying the update!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.