Can we add a transaction_id token?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Labelle
    Participant

I see that in the “Payment History” Table, the “Transaction ID” is the wooCommerce order ID (please see attachment). Can you add “%transaction_id%” tag to Admin emails and Customer emails?

In this case, all the email notification can use same id(transaction id) and it won’t confuse customers between Booking ID and Woo order IDs 🙂

https://ticksy_attachments.s3.amazonaws.com/screenshot-catshotel.com.tw-2020.03.20-19_37_38_984.png

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Ryan,

The WooCommerce order, booking and payment are different entities and posts. Their ids correspond to the post id assigned by WordPress. WP post ids are unique. Whenever a post (post, page, product, order, booking, payment etc.) is created on your website, WordPress automatically assigns a unique id to it.
    Unfortunately, it is not possible to assign the same id to different posts. WooCommerce orders, bookings and payments are interlinked. In their editors you can find the corresponding ids and links.
    All the possible Hotel Booking email tags can be seen under your dashboard > Accommodation > Settings > Admin / Customer Emails.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Ryan Labelle
    Participant

Thanks for the follow up. 🙂 I’ll take a closer look.

Ryan Labelle
    Participant

Thanks again for the follow up. Maybe my question is not clear enough. Let me try to explain again.

Since those three IDs(booking, payment, and wooCommerce Order as Transaction ID) are interlinked, and we can get both “%booking_id%” and “%payment_id%” in dashboard > Accommodation > Settings > Admin / Customer Emails. Are we able to get “wooCommerce order id” in Settings>Admin/Customer Emails

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your clarification.
    We’ve added your idea about the %transaction_id% tag to our feature requests list for our developers to consider it.
    We will notify you as soon as there is any news on the feature implementation.
    In case anybody else needs this tag too, feel free to leave your upvotes here since our developers make a decision on what features to add after each plugin update based on the number of requests for different features.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Jev Frago
    Participant

Is $transaction_id$ already added in the Email tags?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Jev, This request is not popular enough so there is no option for this yet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.