- This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Jennifer Wenzel.
- April 18, 2021 at 6:07 pm #1107581Brent ToderashParticipant
Setting up a client site for campsite bookings, and finding some issues.
- People book campsites differently when they’re not all the same, referring to a photo of the actual campsite rather than a representative one like with hotels. Apparently this means that every site (“room”) is a different type, since there’s only one one of them? I manually created an xml file to import them at once, but it was an ugly process – is there a better way?
- Having set up 165 individual accommodation types, I evidently need to create 1 Accommodation for each Accommodation Type. This too wasn’t pretty, lots of clicking. I couldn’t do an import for this as easily because each one requires the post_id for the Accommodation Type. Is this the best/only way?
- I stopped when I got to Rates. In this case, there are only 2 rate types, 135 of one and 30 of another. After setting up the first rate, I determined the post_meta key for the post_id of the applicable Accommodation Type, and determined that setting an additional value so I’d have a serialized array of post_ids didn’t work, and disconnected the one it was set up with. I fixed that and manually set it to a different one, but still only one. It’s not practical to manually create an xml file to import them because of the requirement look up and insert 165 different post_ids for the Accommodation Type. I saw in another thread that multiple accommodation types for a single set of rates is unsupported.
Now where I’m at this:
- Have I missed something early on that would have made it easier? Is there a way to create the Accommodation Type + Accommodation(s) in a single step? (and if not, hello, feature request!)
- Are there any built-in hooks or filters I could use to intercept the lookup of the rates and return the set I want? I browsed some of the code and didn’t see any that would help me, but some developer-level documentation might help. Is there any help for me through this approach? (and if not, hello, feature request!)
- Do you have ability to import any of this from CSV rather than WP-XML files, or to bulk-edit them? Is there anything on the roadmap in the next, say, 10 months that would help with rates? If I go through all the bulky effort to create 165 different sets of rates, of which there are only 2 variations, that’s all fine for this season, but then they have to be edited for next season, which is potentially even more effort than the initial setup. Please tell me you’ve got a filter for this somewhere! (and if not, once again, hello, feature request!)
The plugin is working quite well for the last client I used it with, in multi-location AirBandB setup, but I’m having a struggle with making it fit the campground model in a way that doesn’t require an unreasonable effort level, and one which I can’t turn over to a client expecting them to be able to update rates on their own. If CSV export/import was supported, I could maybe expect the client to edit that way to update, as it’d be far less work. (This would be a reasonalbe approach for initial upload, but still not a great one for updates.)
PLEASE tell me you’ve got a solution for this… a hook, a filter, a function I can override, ANYTHING.April 21, 2021 at 12:23 am #1109186Andre FloresModerator
1. By default, when creating an accommodation type, 1 accommodation is automatically generated along with it, as there is no sense to have an accommodation type without accommodations assigned to it: https://prnt.sc/11skphw.
2. Unfortunately, we do not have a developer documentation for the Hotel Booking plugin, however, we do have such a feature request and are currently collecting a feedback from our users regarding this matter. I have added your up-vote to the feature request as well and in case there are more requests from other users, we might consider creating documentation for developers.
3. Currently there is no other option to import data to the Hotel Booking plugin, but via .XML file. Please note that there is an option to duplicate rates, so you will be able to create a new season and then duplicate your rates and change the season they are applied to and the price (if needed) inside of the duplicated rates: https://prnt.sc/11slfn0.
I am following your concerns and indeed some effort is required in case you have a structure with large number of accommodation types/accommodations with different rates. I am afraid for now the only way to set up the plugin is by doing so manually via available plugin options.
We will take your suggestions into consideration for future plugin updates though, thank you for your feedback.
AndreApril 21, 2021 at 8:07 am #1109529Brent ToderashParticipant
Weird, I had to create the accommodation manually – I guess it wasn’t catching the default for some reason.
I’ve got it all set up now but it was somewhat painstaking. Thanks for hearing me out though! 🙂April 22, 2021 at 11:49 pm #1110452Andre FloresModerator
You are most welcome, I am glad I could help 🙂 It would be much appreciated if you leave your positive feedback about the Hotel Booking plugin at: https://motopress.com/products/hotel-booking/#edd-reviews-respond.
Thank you in advance!
AndreApril 28, 2021 at 3:35 am #1113151Ally BaxterParticipant
Please also add my upvote to the developer documentation feature request.
ThanksApril 29, 2021 at 12:36 am #1113618Andre FloresModerator
Thank you, I have added your up-vote to the feature request.
AndreJune 25, 2021 at 11:40 am #1147703Jennifer WenzelParticipant
We’re facing the same situation with a campground. Please add our vote. Thank you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.