Booking rules to allow stay from Saturday to Saturday only and adjust styles of date-pick calendar

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Booking rules to allow stay from Saturday to Saturday only and adjust styles of date-pick calendar

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    danijel
    Participant

Hi I have one accommodation unit only

Rules I have set up for periods June, July and August

Check-in day Saturday
    Check-out day Saturday
    minimal stay 7 days.

while system recognizes booking rule for a minimum stay of seven days it does allow booking on any day of the week, However, check out is allowed only on Saturdays. Any suggestions?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Danijel,

Thanks for reporting this. We are aware about issue with check in/out days rules and we are working on fixing this. We hope to fix it in one of next updates. We’ll notify you once we get any news on this . Thank you.

best regards,
    John

danijel
    Participant

Thank you for reply and explanation.

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi Danijel,

We are happy to inform that the issue has been fixed in the latest update of the MotoPress Hotel Booking plugin (3.0.0).

Amos Kater
    Participant

Is it possible to show the booking rule below the calendar? IN the availability view the green/red works perfect. When customers start a reservation it is less clear that in high season it is only saturday-saturday end it looks like the month is fully booked….

Chrissy Raudonis
    Participant

+1 to what Amos said. This is becoming a huge issue for us as we’re starting to book this summer. We’re getting a lot of guests calling us because they think the whole summer is booked, when it’s actually not.

If there is a work around with the current system please let me know. There’s text on the site explaining the situation but most people overlook it.

Chrissy Raudonis
    Participant

While this issue was fixed (intentionally or not) in 3.7.4, its right back to where we started in 3.7.5.

We’re going to have to stop taking direct bookings through our site if this issue isn’t fixed! We’ve gotten too many calls from confused customers who think available dates are not available and have no idea how many people are going elsewhere as a result.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Chrissy and Amos,

Thank you for your feedback. Do you mean your guests can not see the non-crossed date in datepick calendar due to check-in day booking rule?
    Would it be better to add red backround for crossed dates and green for available ones in the datepick? Could you share some examples and clarify the question more detailed suggesting appropriate solutions?

best regards,
    J. Davis

Chrissy Raudonis
    Participant

Sorry – I tried embedding the images but for whatever reason the post wasn’t submitting so I’ll just give the URLs:

Right now our check-in date picker displays as above. Even though we have a lot of summer availability, guests are seeing the crossed out dates and thinking that those dates are booked (instead of simply unavailable for check-in). So they can see the non-crossed out date (although on a smaller screen maybe it is very difficult) – but they’re not processing that the rest of the week is free.

We also list on HomeAway and their date picker does a great job of showing what dates are available (grey font), available for check-in (bold, blue font), and booked/blocked (grey background).

This makes it really easy for guests to figure out what their options are. They also tell you on the cal that there is a 7 night minimum and will direct guests to the nearest available check-in date if they pick a date that does not work. You can play around with it here: https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p149767
    But even just updating the calendar to distinguish between booked/blocked dates, available dates, and available check-in dates would solve the problem

Let me know if you have any more questions about this issue.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. It is possible to adjust the styles of the dates in the date-pick calendar using custom CSS. Unfortunately, there is not ultimate CSS code that could be used for each theme so we sent you styles according to your requirements in your request.
    I’ve also added a request to our list of features to adjust styles of date pick calendar within core plugin files. Probably we will be able to offer some solutions later. We will notify you when we have any news.
    Thanks for your feedback.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Tom cuneo
    Participant

Was this ever added as a feature? Recently bought this plugin but the availability search should be showing already booked dates. SO confusing and all of your competitor softwares do this already.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your question. You need to enable the Skip Search Results option at Accommodation > Settings and then the booked dates would be unselectable in the date-pick of the availability form (not a common search that checks the availability of all the properties on the site).

Let me know if this is the option you have been looking for or explain your situation in more details. Thanks.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.