booking confirmation mail not sent

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Liske Hauser
    Participant

dear support,

I’ve used the mp hotel booking plugin for about 4 years. In the past, customers received a booking confirmation after payment via email. this is no longer the case since around the 26th of february. I get a lot of emails asking for the booking confirmation (which is not delivered at all, not even to the spam folder). I updated php to 8.2 but it did not change anything. I use wordpress ver 6.4.3. I updated mphb today to ver 4.9.1 in hope it was just a bug being fixed. I also sent a test email from wordpress to another email and it worked – so it seems to be a problem on the plugin side.

Is there any intelligence on the issue?

Thank you in advance!

Jan Švanda
    Participant

Hi, I have the same problem. I am trying my best to get the emailing function to work but the emails are not being delivered.
    The email log says it is successfully sent.

I have changed the email settings in the booking settings section.
    I tried emails with different domain than the website, i tried also emails with the same domain.

Also i tried to send a forgotten password email and that worked.

Any possible reason on the plugin side why it does not work?

Thanks

Jan Švanda
    Participant

Finally got it working by setting the From email in both email settings of the booking plugin, also in WP Mail SMTP to one with the domain name.
    The hosting service told me they block emails sent from other domains than the website itself.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Liske,
    You may check this article to learn what to do if booking notification emails are not delivered

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.