Allow syncing overlapping bookings

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Valeriia Bavykina.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jindřich Dlabaja
    Participant

Hi,

I manage a site of a property with three different apartments. Now I need to add the fourth accommodation type, which is the whole property because a lot of people want to book the whole object.

I tried to do a calendar syncing workaround suggested somewhere else on the forum. It’s this one – https://support.motopress.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040719011

The only (but crucial!) problem with this is that you cannot sync bookings from the three apartments when there are some overlaps in booking dates. Is there any workaround for this? I need the whole object to be bookable only when all of the apartments are empty.

Thanks in advance
    Jindrich

Andre Flores

Hello Jindřich,

From your description it works properly, as you can not book the whole property, when even a single date is booked for one of three apartments.
    Booking can not be imported to an accommodation in case any of the booked dates is occupied by another booking, you may only block the whole property in case all the dates are free to book.

Regards,
    Andre

Jindřich Dlabaja
    Participant

Hello Andre,

yes, it works properly when booking the whole property – it’s automatically synced into the three calendars of the individual apartments.

The problem arises the other way around. I know it could be confusing, an actual example will be probably better.

So let’s say that I have a reservation in Apartment 1 from the 9th to the 11th of June and another reservation in Apartment 2 from the 10th to the 14th of June. The first reservation syncs just fine to the calendar of the whole property but the second one doesn’t because there’s already the first reservation and the dates overlap. This way the calendar for the whole property shows that it’s free to book from the 12th of June even though one of the apartments is already taken and isn’t available.

I need to block the dates in the calendar of the whole property even when the dates overlap because they will always overlap as they’re from three individual apartments.

Hope it makes more sense now.

Regards
    Jindrich

Steve
    Participant

I’m also interested if there is a workaround for this situation.

Valeriia Bavykina

Hi Steve!

You’ll have to keep an eye on the synchronization and control the process manually.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.