Airbnb calendar synchronization issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John Swift
    Participant

Hi there,

I have issues with the calendar synchronization. After synchronisation my calendar seems full of bookings by Airbnb but they all are not correct. If I look into Airbnb there are no bookings at all but on my calendar they are pulled in as external. So I went into the calendar sync urls and deleted all Airbnd import urls after which I deleted all sync logs and pressed to sync again. After sync my calendar is teh same it seems that it does not even delete these booking even after I have deleted the link between my site and the Airbnd. Here are pics on how my calendar looks and how the booking pulled from Airbnb looks.
    https://ibb.co/r6p4RmY
    https://ibb.co/yXHXzBf
    Please note there are no errors during the sync process and it seems that all sync processes work.
    How we can clear the calendar now?
    Any ideas why this is happening?

Thomas Kolnowski
    Participant

Hi, John. This is the classic problem with Airbnb synch. Airbnb generates these bogus iCal bookings based on your Availability settings on the Airbnb side. For example, if you say on Airbnb that travelers can’t book a particular accommodation after 12:00 PM, then they send a “not available” bogus booking to MotoPress Hotel Booking at 12:00 PM each day to prevent booking on the MotoPress side. It will go away by the next day, then reappear at Noon again.

There is no way to prevent these other than clearing the Availability settings on Airbnb. For my client, we use some custom CSS in MotoPress to flag them with a special color and label.

Best,
    Thomas
    Digitized House Media LLC

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,
    Indeed, Airbnb adds availability rules to their export files. You may contact Airbnb support to learn if there is an option not to add them to the export file.
    If you mean that the removed imported bookings are still displayed in the calendar then you should check if you have removed the bookings even from trash. If this still does not help you may contact us by submitting a ticket. We will do our best to help you sort this out.

John Swift
    Participant

Thank you for your replies. I now understand that it is Airbnd side and will deal with them and see if anything can be done about it.
    I somehow missed the imported booking section and that you can trash them.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi John,
    Thanks for your feedback. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.