After Submitting request for Booking “There is critical error”

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking After Submitting request for Booking “There is critical error”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chris Charles
    Participant

Hi,
    I am able to search for a booking to reserve, select dates. Fill in all information needed from user. But as soon as I click SUBMIT button I get this wordpress error. This was working before?

There has been a critical error on this website.
    Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.

Any idea what could be causing this and how I can troubleshoot fix? The error message isn’t very useful.

Thanks

Chris Charles
    Participant

Error logs show this.

[01-Feb-2022 12:21:46 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Class ‘PHPMailer\PHPMailer\SMTP’ not found in /home/username/public_html/website.com/wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php on line 1946

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Thanks for contacting us. Is your WordPress site a default installation or you have installed it using some custom tool provided by your hosting provider?
    You may try to re-update WordPress to the latest version and check if it fixes the issue.
    Could you also specify versions of PHP and WordPress?

best regards,
    J. Davis

Chris Charles
    Participant

Hi J
    This is a normal wordpress install. I installed manually as I have access to dedicated server

Thanks. This is a default installation and I’ve upgraded to latest version of wordpress recently

PHP (5.6.40)
    WordPress 5.9

Chris Charles
    Participant

I just forced a re-install of wordpress 5.9 and it now seems to be working. wow. Maybe some corruption on first install?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Yes, sometimes this may happen that a certain file has not been uploaded correctly during the update of WordPress, plugin, or theme. I’m happy to know it works correctly now.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Chris Charles
    Participant

Great work, never had an install cause corruption like that before. Thanks J. All good now, appreciated!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.