administrator booking is automatically confirmed

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking administrator booking is automatically confirmed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    István Tornyos
    Participant

Hello,

In the case of an administrator reservation, the reservation is automatically placed in confirmed status. But this is not good because, for example, all three emails that the guest would receive during the process go out at once.
    1. When you make a reservation, we inform you where to transfer the accommodation fee.
    2. Also the one that would normally only go out if the admin manually changes it to confirmed. In this, you will be informed that the accommodation fee has arrived and that we are waiting for you. However, the accommodation fee has not even arrived…
    3. The reminder email also goes out, which should go out 5 days before arrival.

My question is, is it possible to change this somewhere? So that the reservation recorded by the admin is not automatically confirmed, but that the admin confirms it manually whenever he wants?

Thanks.

Janina Weghorn
    Participant

It’s set up to confirmed but there are option to choose from instead confirmed. For example you may choose “confirm by admin” and color will change to different one.
    Also before you click confirm or not make sure you disable auto email option on top right corner.
    Are you using hotel booking for WP app?
    Mine doesn’t work. Nobody knows why. This app is best thing for all booking calendar but…

Andre Flores

Hi István,

This is how manually adding bookings functions at the moment. We do have such feature request and I have added your up-vote to it. In case there are more requests from other users, we might consider implementing such a possibility in future.
    Meanwhile, you may create booking using your own or dummy email, e.g. [email protected]. Once the booking is created, you may change the booking status to Pending, change the email address to the guest’s one and then switch the status to Confirmed to send out all the required notifications.

Regards,
    Andre

István Tornyos
    Participant

Thanks.

Yes, I found this “manually” setting here and there solution, it just made me laugh a little that in 2022 this could be much smoother.

I will wait, I hope I live. 🙂

Thanks again.

Nicole Paton
    Participant

Upvote for this… admin bookings should be set to pending until we can check all the details and manually change to confirme to send the email out.

Nicole Paton
    Participant

The issue with the fake email workaround is that the booking is then not assigned to the correct customer because a new customer is created with the fake email. If you use the same fake email for multiple customers then all those bookings are assigned to one fake customer.

Changing the email on the booking later does not reassign to the correct customer in the customer list.

Pavel Lukáš
    Participant

I also vote yes: admin bookings should be set as pending until we can review all details and manually change to email confirmation.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Thanks for your upvotes. I’ve added them to the list of features.

Andre Flores

Hi everyone,

We are delighted to let you know that we’ve just released the Hotel Booking update v. 4.7.4 with the possibility to select booking status when adding bookings manually in the dashboard. Feel free to update the plugin to the latest version to get this feature.

Best regards,
    MotoPress Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.