Add Pet Fee

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Harwood
    Participant

Good Afternoon,

I have created an attribute called Pets and assigned it terms of 1 dog, 2 dogs, and 3 dogs. I would now like to add a fee that charges per dog per day, but I have been unable to figure out how to do so. Can you please advise? Thanks!!

Kevin Harwood
    Participant

As a follow up to this question, I was wondering if it would be easier to just change the labels of the existing attributes a room can have. I know your plugin has a feature for disabling Adults/Children and just using the general term Guests, but I think it might be easier to leave both Adults and Children active and change the terms Adults to Guests and Children to Dogs. Then apply a fee structure to the number of Dogs (whether that has to be a service fee or just a regular fee). I tried using Loco Translate to achieve this, but the labels are not being changed on the back end. Also, I cannot figure out how to change the fee charge to Per Child Per Night (which would become Per Dog Per Night) as opposed to Per Guest Per Night. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

The services are only charged per adult, so the workaround with renaming Children will not work for you. Try creating the pets as a service in Accommodation > Settings (tutorial). The service needs to be per person per night. The customers will be able to select the number of pets on the checkout page and the price will be recalculated automatically.
    Let us know if this works for you.

Kevin Harwood
    Participant

Hi Stacy,

Apologies for the slow reply. The holidays created a bit of a break from our typical workflow. I’m not sure your suggestion will work. If we set the pets as a service per person per night and then set the number of pets, we’ll be overcharging the guest. Example:

Pet fee is $20 per dog per night. Base price is 100 per night and includes up to 4 guests.

So 3 guests staying 2 nights with 2 pets should cost $280.

[100 (nightly rate) x 2 (# of nights)] + [20 (cost per dog) x 2 (# of dogs) x 2 (# of nights)]

If we use your suggestion of charging per dog per guest per night, then it works out like

[100 x 2] + [20 x 2 x 2 x 3] = 440

Also, I’m not sure why the plugin lacks include the ability to charge services per child per night. One of the example services listed on your sales page (https://motopress.com/products/hotel-booking/) is child care. Child care is not charged per adult. It’s charged per child.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hello Kevin,

We are also sorry for a delay. We used child care as example because there is also per Accommodation type of the charge and the same periodicity Once/Per Day for Services. Maybe this will help you too?

J. Davis

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.