Add Custom Sections

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David Washburn

Is it possible to add custom sections to the front page? Currently I am working on a site for a client and if I want to change front-page sections I am forced to modify the current sections, which renders their functionality under Appearance > Customize useless. Just wondering if there’s a simple way to do this.

Thanks!

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi David,

You can add custom content by adding text or any widget to the sections via Appearance>Customize>Widgets
    If you want to re-build the Home Page completely you can set ‘Full Width’ or ‘Landing Page’ page template for Home Page and build the page from scratch using Visual Editor by MotoPress.

Best regards,
    John

David Washburn

If I create a new template and set that as my home page will it’s children also appear underneath it? For example I have a new page called “Test” as my main page. Everything works as intended.

But if I create another page and set it as a child of “Test” it will not appear on the front page. Is there a way around that?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi David,

You can go to Appearance> Menus and add Menu editing its subpages as you want. When your menu is ready you can switch to manage Locations Tab and apply created menu as Primary menu.

Best regards,
    John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.