A couple of issues/questions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    George Greitas
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’ve been using this plugin for quite some time and I am super happy with the results so far. There is a lot of room for improvements as with any other however, so far so good.

I am just having an issue with the Search availability which can be found on the following link https://guesthouse-grancanaria.com/search. It simply doesn’t go any further and you are not able to use this form at all. I have not changed anything and it has been like that since the very beginning. Everything else works as it should and you can make a reservation or search using the accommodation page link.

The second question I have is regarding the Reservation form on the following link https://guesthouse-grancanaria.com/accommodation/holiday-home/ . Would it be possible in any way to change this form from vertical to horizontal when using PC/Laptop mode ? I have tried everything but there’s no way I can do that and I just feel like it will look so much better placed horizontally.

The third question is regarding the registration process. I have noticed that you can create an account automatically during the check out process however, I would like if possible to give the guests the option to register themselves at any point rather than only if they check out. Would that be possible ? If so, how could I do this ?

Many thanks and apologies for being such a pain. There’s a lot of us who have so much faith in this plugin, for a number of reasons, and we just want to get it better and better.

George

Mickael Quirin
    Participant

I just tested your search form with date available (1-3 december 2022) and it work for me.

for the horizontal form, you can using css. Not 100% sure but look for rule flex-direction https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/flex-direction
    in combination with @media it can dynamically align horizontaly or vertically based on device (phone/tablet/pc).

For the registration I can’t help you, never used it, sorry

George Greitas
    Participant

Thank you for your input.

I have just checked again and everything is back to normal, I was getting really worried about it.

I just need some help with the other two questions as I have not managed to figure it out yet.

Thanks

George

Mickael Quirin
    Participant

For you second question here a two css rules you can try if you want, thats far from perfect but if eventually can show you the path to follow

section#mphb-customer-details {
    flex-direction: row;
    display: flex;
    flex-wrap: wrap;
    }
    @media screen and (max-width: 900px) {
    section#mphb-customer-details {
    flex-direction: column;
    }
    }

Add them in your additional css section when you hit customize.

It’ll show your fields in horizontal when the width is larger than 900px and in column under that.
    The flex-wrap line indicate that it wrap instead of forcing all blocks on the same line. You can try removing it to see the difference.

Hop it can help

George Greitas
    Participant

Hi Mickael,

Thanks for your help.

I’ve tried that but it doesn’t seem to work. I have been looking everywhere for the right code however, no luck so far.

Thanks

George

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi George,

You may try to add the style below at Appearance > Customize to align the availability form on the single accommodation type page horizontally:

@media (min-width:991px){
    .single-mphb_room_type .mphb-booking-form {
    }

.single-mphb_room_type .mphb-booking-form p{
      padding-right:1em;
    }

.single-mphb_room_type .mphb-booking-form .mphb-required-fields-tip{
      display:none;
    }

.mphb-reserve-btn-wrapper {
      align-items: flex-end;
    }
    .mphb-reserve-room-section {
      display: block;
      width: 100%;
    }
    }

2. If the visitor creates a user before the reservation the Customer account won’t tie in with the user and so he will not be able to see his future reservation in his account. You will need to link/connect the User with a proper Customer manually.

best regards,
    John Davis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.