Provide the option to NOT delete past synced bookings

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Provide the option to NOT delete past synced bookings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Christos M.
    Participant

It’s simple, I want my website to hold all information for my bookings, including synced bookings from booking.com and airbnb.

What seems to happen though, is that when the booking date becomes a past date, next time the calendars sync it gets removed from the bookings!

This is completely unnecessary thing which only causes frustration to the user who eventually sees their past bookings getting deleted one by one.

Please just add the option to NOT sync past dates when syncing. It’s not going to be that complicated.

Andre Flores

Hello Christos,

Thank you for your suggestion, it is much appreciated. We do have such a feature request, however, it has not been quite popular to the date.
    I have added your up-vote to the request as well, in case there are more requests from other users, we might consider this option for future plugin updates.
    Anyone else, who also needs this feature, feel free to let us know by commenting below.

Regards,
    Andre

Harold Tabbert
    Participant

Hi,
    Can i vote this request up
    Just noticed the same, guest disappear when there stay is over.
    So the administration and check if booking pays its bill..

Alse needed to get a year view and pay taxes for every stay to local authority

Andre Flores

Hello Harold,

Thank you for your up-vote, it has been counted.

Regards,
    Andre

Robert
    Participant

Up vote this too.

We had our first AirBnB booking last week and I didn’t realise it was going to delete once the stay was over. It makes reconciliation of bookings difficult. It also means that I can’t use the Reporting function in HotelBooking plugin as it is not a true reflection of bookings.

David Byron Johnson
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to upvote this x 10. I can’t understand why a plugin would delete past bookings? When it comes to analysis, booking keeping, taxes you need to have historical bookings. Instead I need to go to every channel individually and do a huge time consuming reconciliation.

Please, please, please.

David

Andre Flores

Hello David,

Thank you for your feedback, I am following your concerns. I have passed it to our developers and will do my best to speed up this feature implementation.

Regards,
    Andre

Igor Raznatovic
    Participant

I would like to upvote this too. I have the same problem with this. Imported bookings should stay, and not get deleted.

costaricavacation.properties
    Participant

YES! I just commented on an old post about this. This is absolutely critical for our business.

PLUS we would love imported booking to also show on the reporting available. Even without guest names, contact info, booking amounts … being able to show what accommodations were booked, regardless of the source of the booking… would save me HOURS of work to merge bookings for multiple sources.

Igor Raznatovic
    Participant

I can’t understand why a plugin would delete past bookings? When it comes to analysis, booking keeping, taxes you need to have historical bookings.

This is a great point!

Christos M.
    Participant

Andre, I think that we are already many people here that need this option.

Please take some action so the developers give this issue the necessary priority.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for your upvotes, we have added them to our list of features however there are tasks with higher priority at the moment.
    The imported bookings are removed since they are needed just to block the dates and prevent overbooking. They do not provide proper information about price or capacity, etc.
    However, your thoughts are important to us and we will keep your request in mind for further plugin development. Thanks.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Igor Raznatovic
    Participant

I am aware of the limitations that calendar import has in terms of incomplete data, but I don’t think that the developers understand how important this is for users. I believe that many users would be ready to manually enter missing data in imported booking for the sake of additional reporting and printing abilities.

Here is just one example: We have a guest book with written data that we need to keep for legal purposes. When the reception desk is turning over the money, following this book, I would like to double-check the dates in the motopress calendar for possible missing “stays”.

If we get the ability to convert the imported bookings in “real” bookings, we get the possibility to print the Visitors Guest Book, and would open up the plugin to some amazing reporting possibilities.

costaricavacation.properties
    Participant

Our business is vacation rental booking and management – multiple booking platforms, hundreds of individual owners, all under one site. We appreciate that we have used a system that wasn’t meant for us. The client profile when it was designed was likely significantly different. But it seems like our business type is no longer an anomaly.

To give you some additional user input – when we first moved to this system, we quickly realized that historical 3rd party bookings were being deleted. We started MANUALLY deleting the synced bookings and MANUALLY entering bookings into our calendars so that they wouldn’t disappear. We turned off all syncing and hired someone to manually add new bookings. We have 125+ vacation rentals – it was a full-time job.

This led to additional problems – if a booking was canceled, we would need to remember to delete the manual booking, which we’d forget, and then we would lose out on a new booking and have to explain to a property owner why there was a booking on their calendar but no rental credited to their account. It was a nightmare.

So now, we spend hours each month, importing bookings from multiple sources and scrubbing the data to create a historical report. Not only for individual client reporting purposes but for tax purposes – in Costa Rica we have to issue an electronic invoice (factura) for each booking – and our accountants don’t even know the booking existed because it disappears. 🙁

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

thanks for your thoughts and for your feedback. We’ll notify you when we have any news on this.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.