notification tag is not replaced with accomodation notification

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Hotel Booking Notifier notification tag is not replaced with accomodation notification

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    JJW
    Participant

Thanks for your waiting time. I’ve managed to replicate the issue locally and so I’ve described the issue and forwarded it to our developers. There is no difference whether the email tag %booking_balance_due% is wrapped in HTML tag or not. It happens when the check-in date of the booking = or > then 14 days since today’s date and the notifications is sent by cron. We will let you know if we have any news from our developers.

Any update on a fix?

Andre Flores

Hello there,

The issue is currently under investigation of our developers. They have not yet found the cause of the issue, however once they do, we will immediately contact you back with further updates.

Regards,
    Andre

AM Realty
    Participant

Hello Andre,

We are having this problem as well. This morning a customer email went out with the fist name and booking details tags CORRECTLY replaced with the booking data, but a tag with a link was NOT replaced and instead it showed the “%…%” tag.

When we click on the Test button, it works fine. But when it sent the notification automatically today it showed the tag text for the link instead of the link itself.

The notification is set to send an email 1 day prior to check-in. We have version Version 1.0.2 of the plugin installed.

Three questions:

1) Any suggestions for why one tag would not resolve while the others did?

2) Is there a way to manually trigger the notifications “cron” so we can test on our end? We tried ‘https://www.amrealtypr.com/wp-cron.php?action=mphb_cron_send_notifications’ but it was not triggering the notices.

3) Just brainstorming here: is it possible that the issue is related to the tag coming from the Payment Request plugin? Maybe when testing (using the test button) the classes are properly imported/called from that plugin, but not when the “cron” tries to send the notices since they do not come from a page that uses the Payment Link classes)? Again, just trying to brainstorm with you.

I would appreciate any help you could provide!

AM Realty
    Participant

Andre,

Quick update: I can confirm that the tags from the Payment Request plugin are the ones not working for us. An email just sent this afternoon reads as follows:

Booking Details
    Booking Id: 6184
    Responsible Party: Ally McQueen
    Check-in: June 8, 2021, from 3:00 pm
    Check-out: June 12, 2021, by 11:00 am

Booking Payment Request Link – %booking_payment_request_link%

So for us, the problem seems to be with tags from other MPHB extensions. I hope this helps the development team in troubleshooting the issue.

Andre Flores

Hello there,

Thank you for your detailed feedback and cooperation. The issue seems to be related to the Payment Request plugin indeed. We have passed the request to our developers and they will investigate the issue in more details. Once there is any information from them, I will immediately let you know.

Regards,
    Andre

AM Realty
    Participant

Hello Andre,

I just wanted to check-in to see if there was an estimated timeline on the resolution of this issue. We’ve deactivated the Notification Plugin until the issue is resolved and it can send the messages with the payment links. The team here is asking how long we will need to use a manual process for these notification until the bug is resolved.

Thank you!

Andre Flores

Hello there,

I am sorry for the delay.
    Our developers have already found the resolution to the issue and will most likely include it in the next plugin update, which is expected to be released shortly.
    Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
    Andre

AM Realty
    Participant

Excellent Andre, thank you!

Looking forward to the new update.

Andre Flores

Hello there,

I am delighted to let you know that we have released the Payment Request plugin update v. 1.1.4 with the notifications tags issue fix included. Feel free to update the plugin to the latest version to have the issue resolved.

Regards,
    Andre

JJW
    Participant

Thanks for the update on this, we will test it!

AM Realty
    Participant

Hello Andre,

After installing the new Request Payment updated plugin, now the Notification plugin will not send any automated message 9for example 1 day prior to check-in emails are not being sent). The plugin will successfully send an email notification if I click on the test button, but the automated messages are not going out. Any suggestions for how to fix this and test it (rather than wait for 1 day prior to the next check-in)?

Thank you!

Andre Flores

Hello there,

I was unable to replicate the issue locally, notifications always arrive to the inbox regardless of how many days before check-in they should be sent. I would recommend installing WP Crontrol plugin and checking whether notifications are scheduled to be sent automatically.
    If there is no luck with the issue, kindly submit a request to our Help Desk providing temporary access to your WordPress dashboard, so we take a closer look at the issue on your website.

Regards,
    Andre

AM Realty
    Participant

Andre,

Thank you for the tips on how to test and debug. With the use of the WP Control plugin we found the issue and the automated notifications are working once again. (The cron was stuck for some reason, but after resetting its time it is now triggering correctly.)

I greatly appreciate the support you and your team have provided with this issue. The payment links are showing correctly in the emails to the customers (the original problem reported) and the plugins are working as intended.

Hopefully, the solution also worked for others such as JJW, who also posted on this thread. If so, from my standpoint you can mark this issue as resolved.

Thanks again!

Andre Flores

Thank you for you kind words, your feedback is much appreciated and very important to our team! I would kindly ask that you share your positive feedback about Notifier and Payment Request add-ons using below links:

https://motopress.com/products/hotel-booking-notifier/#edd-reviews-respond/
    https://motopress.com/products/hotel-booking-payment-request/#edd-reviews-respond/

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
    Andre

AM Realty
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.