Midweek/long weekends/seasonal pricing – where to start?!

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Midweek/long weekends/seasonal pricing – where to start?!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alan Cordwell
    Participant

Hi guys,

I am new to Hotel Bookings so could do with a bit of advice.

My client has four different types of property, with two of each type and for these, they can be booked for either mid-week (mon to fri) long weekend (fri to mon) or a weekly rate. However, the price varies according to the type of property, and by the time of year; so peak times are obviously more expensive.

There are typically 8 or 9 price ‘bands’ throughout the year for each property type and booking type.

What would be the best approach to this in terms of what seasons, rates and booking rules should I create? I’ve searched and read a few forum posts with similar requirements but not quite all of this…

Kind regards
    Alan

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Alan,

Thanks for contacting us. You will need to create 2 seasons fore each period of time when the price is changed. Let’s imagine that you need to create such pricing for September 2022. here are the steps you need to make:
    1. create 2 seasons:
    – weekdays – from Sep 1 to Sept 30 and select days from Monday to Thursday
    – weekends – from Sep 1 to Sept 30 and select days from Friday to Sunday
    2. Create a rate and add both seasons to the same rate setting different rates.
    3. Add a variable price for 7 nights to both season prices of this rate and indicate a price for a 7-night stay.
    4. navigate to Bookings > Booking Rules and set proper check-in days for your seasons. You might need to set minimum and maximum stay for your seasons.

Let me know if it is helpful.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.