Free Night (£0 Rate Price)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Hi,

I want to do a deal whereby if guests stay 7 nights they get the Sunday for free. I have tried putting a £0 rate for stays 7 nights or more in the Edit Rates page, however, this does not work. It seems as though a rate of zero is not recognised. Is this right?

I know that I could in theory do the same discount by discounting each night separately so that the total discount added up to the Sunday rate. However, it isn’t a very elegant solution and does not show up well on the price breakdown which the customer sees. It is much nicer to say to customers that Sunday is free rather than each day is discounted by £X.

Could the system be updated to allow for £0 rates?

Cheers,
    Rob

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your question. You may add different variable nightly prices for custom periods by using variable pricing. For example, if the price per night is $50 so it will cost $350 for a 7-night stay without any discounts. If you want to offer 1 night for free, then you may add a variable price for 7 nights and indicate the price 42.85714285 (300/7). Then it will show the price of $300 on the checkout page.
    Then you may add a variable price for 8 nights and set $50 or any custom price.

best regards,
    John Davis

Robert
    Participant

Hi John,

Yes, I am using variable pricing. I know I could average out the discount across the 7 days but it isn’t an elegant solution and if a customer looks at the price breakdown at checkout it doesn’t look like Sunday is free. I was just hoping that you may be able to update the variable pricing code to allow for £0 rates.

Cheers,
    Rob

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your feedback. We will keep it in mind.

best regards,
    John Davis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.