Feature request: Dynamic deposit

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Aron Martinez
    Participant

Dear MotoPress team,

As an addition to the existing feature request https://motopress.com/forums/topic/feature-request-in-combination-with-hotel-booking-payment-request/, I would like to request the following addition: it would be useful to be able to handle the deposit/full payment more dynamically, activating it only for specific room rates. Right now, in the payment options, we have only the choice between activating deposit or full payment, but in some cases a more “hybrid” approach would be needed.
    If we have for example “Refundable” rates, it makes sense that the client pays the deposit (e.g. 50%) upfront, and the remaining amount X days before arrival (if there is still enough time left, else he pays the full amount upfront, see other feature request).
    For “Non-refundable” rates, on the other hand, it would make sense that the client pays the entire amount upfront (without deposit).
    In other words, it would be nice if we would be able to choose which method to apply for each rate: deposit or full payment.

Thank you in advance and best regards,
    Aron

Thom
    Participant

+1

I would really love this update.

Indeed for different rates, make a dynamic deposit:

Refundable: 50% and the other 50% 7 days before arrival. When booked within 7 days, the customer pays 100% at once.

Non-Refundable: Pay 100% upon booking.

Nick Shemenski
    Participant

I would also like to see this feature.

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your ideas. We have added them to the feature requests list, for our developers to consider it.
    We will notify you when this feature gets implemented. In case anybody else needs this feature, please, leave your upvotes here. Our developers make a decision on what features to add after each plugin update based on the number of requests for different features.

Best regards,
    M. Evans

Amy Page
    Participant

Yes, I would love this option also.

Alana Wells
    Participant

I would also like to see this feature.

Andre Flores

Hi, Amy and Alana!

Thanks for your up-votes, they have been counted.

Regards,
    Andre

Anonymous
    Inactive

This feature must happen soon because we cannot only have one way of purchasing a hotel room there must be an option to pay a deposit or pay in full or even just pay on arrival all on the same room booking. Pleae implement this as soon as you can.

Andre Flores

Hello, Bryan!

Thank you for your up-vote, I have added it to the feature request. Our developers are doing their best to implement important features to the plugin per Hotel Booking users requests.

Regards,
    Andre

Casa Tradición Rural
    Participant

Great idea
    +1

Mary Evans
    Participant

Thank you for your upvote, we’ve added it to the feature request.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.