Channel Manager

• This topic has 70 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 4 days ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Gordon Longland
    Participant

Hi John
    We got the iCal Sync going but the data from booking.com is broken. we get dates but nothing else. From what I have found Version 1 is supposed to be OK but 2 produces this rubbish. So it looks like only xml with booking.com now actually works!!!

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
    VERSION:2.0
    PRODID:-//admin.booking.com\, b.v.//NONSGML v1.0//EN
    CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
    METHOD:PUBLISH
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20230703
    DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20230706
    UID:[email protected]
    SUMMARY: CLOSED – Not available
    END:VEVENT
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20230706
    DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20230708
    UID:[email protected]
    SUMMARY: CLOSED – Not available
    END:VEVENT
    END:VCALENDAR

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your reply. It looks like bookingCom stopped sharing the names of the Guests in their iCal files. However, it still works correctly if you wish to sync the calendars with your site and avoid overbooking.

best regards,
    John Davis

Gordon Longland
    Participant

Hi John
    The booking shows as blocked with no details. Guest name, email address payment etc all blank The details is only available at booking.com.
    Not really user friendly.
    Is there a list of OTA that the plugin will work with fully?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Gordon,

The Hotel Booking plugin works fully with each platform that supports an ical type of synchronization. Thus it imports the information provided by a third-party platform. Thus the provided information depends on a third-party platform and not on our plugin.

best regards,
    John Davis

Gordon Longland
    Participant

Thanks John
    I was only bringing up the point that the data from bookings.com is the cause of the issue and they appear to be unwilling to fix it. The data required is in their calendar but not in the ics file.
    Bookings.com should maybe removed from the documentation as it will never work in its current form?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Gordon,

The main purpose of the ical sync option is to prevent overbookings. Thus the option still works correctly since it imports and exports bookings and blocks the same dates on bookingCom and your site.

best regards,
    John Davis

Paul Carroll
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

The Hotel Booking plugin allows you to import and export bookings in cal format. So you may sync calendars with third-party platforms that support this type of synchronization. This option is inbuilt in the Pro version of the plugin by default so no additional fees or charges are required.

best regards,
    John Davis

Paul Carroll
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your question. As far as I know, there is a Pro version used in your theme. You may try to navigate to Bookings > Sync Calendars and if this section is not disabled it means you have the Pro version of the Hotel Booking plugin.

best regards,
    John Davis

Janina Weghorn
    Participant

I also would like to join the group requesting ( as an option) adding channel manager.
    In some cases channel manager with listing prices is not very practical.
    I never learned how I could manage it. Most of OTA’s have different charges for service.
    Maybe we rather think about Google Vacation Rentals option.
    Several booking engines and OTA’s already joining Google Vacation Group.

Rentals United and recently accepted Lodgify are one of the few vacation rental channel managers that Google has chosen to work with. This means that by connecting your properties to Google through their platform, you’ll start seeing them appear in search results in no time.
    We would not need OTA’S and prices managed on their site.
    I’m sure with the number of MotoPress members we will be accepted by Google Vacation Rental Or Hotel or Travel Rental

Accept direct bookings from Google on your own website, get traffic from Google directly to your website. This allows your potential guests to get acquainted with your business and your brand.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Thank you for your feedback, Janina. It has been added to the task.

Janina Weghorn
    Participant

Thank you.
    Lets hope MotoPress IT’s get on the subject soon. They did wonderful job with this little app for recording quickly new reservation.
    I still have problems with number of occupants which is stick to room and is not showing real number reservation was made for.
    I also can not change price for reservation without hassle.
    I should not complain becouse ical is working very well and with all reservation coming recently we did not have any overbooking.
    Thank

Gordon Longland
    Participant

Had a new issue arise with booking.com. It synced a series of 0 day bookings (lots). We have a policy on the website of 2 nights min. Seeing as booking.com are less than helpful, is there a way to filter iCal sync file with what are basically invalid start and finish dates?
    Finish date – Start Date => 3

Janina Weghorn
    Participant

For long time Booking doesn’t provide information. I think is easer to manage reservation on Booking then rewrite information on MP ical. Especially that you’re not getting clients contact information.
    Booking instead is giving you option to send automatic emails and answers to frequent question.
    You can have as many as you wish templates in any language.
    Our guests getting email right away after they make reservation
    next just before arrival with instruction: address, direction (code to Google map, code to main door, code WiFi and so on..
    Next email is at check out, thank you not.
    We do not have to think about it at all.
    Names, dates, prices all this stuff you have on their website.
    I discover tat if i send email Booking is giving to guest, the email will show up on guest booking panel. Airbnb for instance stop providing guests emails at all. All communication is on their website. Here also you have option to use your own made templates but I do not see option to schedule it ahead of time. We’re not getting much reservation from Airbnb. Only for our apartment in Krakow. Not much request for Zakopane where we have most of our properties.
    MP calendar is great. I was able to combine rooms fro two houses plus apartment in Krakow all in one calendar. There is very few calendars that you could do that.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.