Duplicate Rates- I can’t re-assign it to a different accommodation type

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Duplicate Rates- I can’t re-assign it to a different accommodation type

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    UPR
    Participant

Hi guys,
    after duplicating a rate, I can’t re-assign it to a different accommodation type. The drop down is grayed out.

Please advise.

Cheers,
    Sascha

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Sascha,

At the moment there is not option to change the Accommodation Type after duplicating the rate. The duplication of rate allows to add few rates for the same accommodation type for guests choice (e.g. refundable and non-refundable rates)
    As an option you may change id of property editing database manually however we do not recommend this as you may break the database of your site.

We’ve added your suggestion to our list of features and notify if we have any news about it.

best regards,
    J. Davis

UPR
    Participant

Thank you John,
    I understand, however it would be great to have this feature in the future. As well as being able to define one rate set for multiple accommodations.
    My rate sets are quite long with high season, off season and different school holiday periods as well as different rates for various lengths of stays and number of people. So you can imagine if I have to do this for several accommodations, it is a very time consuming process, although the rates are the same for each accommodation.

May I also add a suggestion to simplify the rates setup:
    Maybe there could be the option to set a base rate and other rates (for different seasons for example) are either increased or decreased by a percentage or specified amount.

But overall, I really like the flexibility the HB-plugin PRO already has with all sorts of different rate combinations!!

Keep up the great work!
    S.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. As for your suggestion about base rate and season rates so it is possible to add unlimited amount of season prices of the same rate. or I got the request wrong? Could you clarify it?

best regards,
    J. Davis

UPR
    Participant

Yes John, this is correct.
    One would basically define a ‘base’ rate for an accommodation.
    This may include variations for different length of stays and number of people.
    For high season you could then define an increase as a percentage or dollar amount and you are set – this would apply to all instances of the base rate.
    You could define as many season as you want like you have now.

At the moment my rate matrix is huge as I account for different rates for 7, 14 and 28 days stays, number of people and this across various seasons of the year. Then you have to set it for each accommodation (I only have three!)…

To throw another suggestion in there – what about yield management?
    This is not needed for my accommodations, but I can imagine larger properties may want to have the option to increase their price automatically once their rooms fill up. πŸ˜‰

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Sascha,

Thank you for your explanation. I get it now and noted.

Could you also clarify your other request about ‘yield management’? Probably adding new topic and clarifying what exactly functionality is needed? Thanks.

best regards,
    J. Davis

UPR
    Participant

Ok, will open another topic about it.

Cheers,
    Sascha

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hi, we are happy to announce about release of new Hotel Booking 3.6.1 version where we have added the ability to select the accommodation type while duplicating rates. We notify you as you requested this feature. Here are the other improvements added with 3.6.0 and 3.6.1 versions: https://motopress.com/products/hotel-booking/#release-notes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.