Availability Calendar Not Loading

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Michele
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Pavel Lukáš
    Participant

There is already a new version 4.8.3 so test it.

UPR
    Participant

How do I revert back to 4.7.*?? Experiencing massive issues with this including incorrect pricing for number of guests and services not added during the booking process but charged upon check-out!

Michele
    Participant

Unfortunately, the 4.8+ version was born bad; as for me, I decided to stay with the 4.7.4 version, at least for a few more months, hoping for some change of direction from MotoPress developers (only the loading wheel that now appears every time I open the calendar, has made all my customers angry). To revert to the previous version, refer to a backup or open a ticket and ask them to provide you with the plugin in the desired version (in this case, 4.7.4).

Robert
    Participant

4.8.3 still has long load times which are unacceptably long.

Michele
    Participant

I asked technical support, and they told me that this “long load times” is a new feature (I’m not clear what feature it is). So it seems that nothing can be done about it.
    Since I don’t need this feature I have decided to stay on version 4.7.4 for the next few months, assuming it is unnecessary to upgrade for security/compatibility reasons with new versions of WordPress.
    This is not the first time that Motopress has launched a version without the appropriate controls; in these cases, you must be very patient and wait; there are no other options. Maybe next year, with version 5, it will be better.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi, The loading wheel is an optimization of the page loading time. The page is loaded much faster now because the availability information is pulled only when datepicker is initialized/opened.
    We do not experience long delays while loading the dates in the datepicker. For example, you may check it on our demo site https://hbdemo.getmotopress.com/villagio/ Thus it would be rather helpful if you could copy the site to the staging mode and give us access to investigate it. Thanks.

Michele
    Participant

Unfortunately, the problem with loading times is affected by the number of rooms present. Only a few are in the demo, so the times are acceptable. Otherwise, the “loading wheel” would run much longer.

Anyway, I would suggest creating an option for this new feature. One activates it if one wants; otherwise, one stays with the previous mode. Customers hate the loading wheels.

Robert
    Participant

I have created a staging area and sent access to the Support mail box. Hopefully we can get this addressed.

I have four accommodation types and with only four customers still hate the loading wheel.

Michele
    Participant

FYI, I created a staging area a few weeks ago, but tech support closed the ticket, saying it is not a problem but rather an improvement.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do only stay with version 4.7.4, and we hope it will not cause problems with the upcoming WordPress 6.4 update. In my experience over several years using Motopress, I never upgraded their plugins before carefully testing them.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Thank you for the submitted tickets. We will take a closer look at your websites.

Peter Edwards
    Participant

Ticket #66217 Availability Checker

Unable to enable LiteSpeed Caching without the issue coming back.
    List of exclusions provided dont fix the issue
    Ticketsolved by your Support Agent and told to contact Lite Speed Support instead?
    Still have the problem on our site
    Can you please let us know how to fix this issue
    LiteSpeed Cache have come back and said to contact the Plugin support?

New ticket opened #67447

Peter Edwards
    Participant

I saw a recent update and applied it which stated in the details that it has fixed issues with Cache and the availability calendar.

The issue has returned on day 2 of having LiteSpeed Cache enabled again.

Obviously the issue is not yet resolved.

Have updated the ticket #67447

Please assist. We need to know what is going on here and how to overcome this issue asap.

Robert
    Participant

Has anyone had updates from their support tickets on this issue? I haven’t heard any updates yet so just wondering if anyone else has.

Cheers,
    Rob

Michele
    Participant

Unfortunately, I haven’t heard anything yet. I have activated a staging version for their testing, but there doesn’t seem to be any advancement at the moment. Remember that this is not a problem for them, so I don’t think they spend much time on it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.