Availability Calendar Not Loading

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Hi,

I am seeing an issues on my site where the Availability Calendar which pops up from the search box is not loading on mobile and taking a long time on Desktop. The rest of the site is running fine, traffic is normal and my hosting account doesn’t show any performance issues. My site is http://www.woldswineestate.com . Do you know what would be causing this? I’m concerned as it is stopping booking (customers have emailed to say they can’t book!).

Cheers,
    Rob

Robert
    Participant

Due to the severity of this issue I have also just sent through a support request.

Michele
    Participant

The same issue occurred after the last update 4.8.0. I have restored the functionality from a backup and downgraded to the previous version.

Robert
    Participant

Thanks Michele. I have just reverted back to version 4.7.4 and it is working again.

Adam Gronwald
    Participant

I’m in the same boat – I can select a check-in date, but not a check-out date. Reverting to version 7.3 fixed the issue for me.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,
    It is recommended to contact our support team by submitting requests so our agents can check each case individually.
    Most likely there are advanced caching plugins installed with minify or combine JS options enabled. So it is recommended to exclude the pages with the forms and calendars from minify/combine JS options or try to exclude the following files if the caching plugin provides this possibility

JS

/wp-content/plugins/motopress-hotel-booking/assets/js/mphb.js
    /wp-content/plugins/motopress-hotel-booking/assets/js/mphb.min.js
    /wp-content/plugins/motopress-hotel-booking/vendors/kbwood/datepick/jquery.datepick.js
    /wp-content/plugins/motopress-hotel-booking/vendors/kbwood/datepick/jquery.plugin.js
    /wp-content/plugins/motopress-hotel-booking/vendors/kbwood/datepick/jquery.plugin.min.js

CSS
    /wp-content/plugins/motopress-hotel-booking/vendors/kbwood/datepick/jquery.datepick.css

Let us know if it is helpful or contact our support team to investigate each particular case individually.

Michele
    Participant

The problem seems to have been fixed with the new update (4.8.1), although now, whenever the calendar opens, there is always the “loading wheel” for a few seconds. The previous version of the plugin was more responsive/faster.

However, there is a new bug. Now, if I put the date in the checkout first, the system no longer automatically changes the time interval when I put the date in the check-in, and it is after the checkout.
    For example, if I put in the checkout “September 28” and then in the check-in “September 29,” the system does not correct the checkout date as it did previously, where it would automatically change it by putting September 30.

Finally, here are some thoughts about excluding hotel booking css/js from the caching system. Nowadays, all WordPress hosting/sites have caching strategies to improve performance; they are a must. Plugins should be built to live with them.

Robert
    Participant

Thanks John. I have set the exclusions above and updated to 4.8.1.

As Michele says it is now working – but far too slow (I’m thinking of reverting back to the last 4.7).

Also, as Michele states, the plugin should really be able to work with caching plugins.

Peter Edwards
    Participant

Had a client report the same issue today.
    Purging cache resolved the issue albeit most probably temporarily
    Have added the exclusions mentioned above and will monitor to see how it goes

Michele
    Participant

After several days of using version 4.8.1 on the SiteGround platform (with Speed and Security Optimizer installed by default), I confirm that the performance compared to version 4.7.4 has significantly worsened, in addition to the presence of the bug that no longer automatically changes the check-out date if someone enters a later check-in date, which was the case with version 4.7.4.

At this point, I am asking Motopress if it is possible to pursue two separate development versions, one just for maintenance (the 4.7+) and one for those who want to try new things (4.8+) but at the expense of performance and stability.

Hotel facilities need help to afford service interruptions or bugs on their websites, which can bring severe economic problems of missed bookings. They do not want to experiment but want reliable systems.

Robert
    Participant

To add to this. Despite updating to 4.8.1 and excluding the forms/pages mentioned above I have had more complaints from customers over the weekend that they cannot search or see availability on the calendar. I have therefore had to revert back to 4.7 once more.

When I was using 4.8.1 the calendar worked slowly for up-coming months but it would not load for months next year.

Please can this be looked into. I have raised a ticket with support but they are trying to suggest it is my server configuration but this doesn’t seem to be the case.

Peter Edwards
    Participant

Issue returned today again client cannot make bookings after adding the exclusions….
    Have disabled site cache and logging a ticket with support

Pavel Lukáš
    Participant

There is already a new version 4.8.2 so test it.

Michele
    Participant

I installed the last version, 4.8.2 (staging version), but nothing has changed. Constantly, the bug for the checkout calendar (not changing the date in the checkout if the check-in date is next) and the prolonged loading of the calendar (with 4.7.4, it was immediate).

Please remove the 4.8+ versions and restore the 4.7 as the official branch.

It happens to everyone to make mistakes, and if you do not understand the cause, it is better to go back and start again. The credibility of your plugin depends on it.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Michele,

Thanks for your feedback. It would be helpful if you submit a ticket and refer to this topic so we can check the configurations on your site. Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.