Adults/Children Error

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Charlotte Jones
    Participant

Quite confused by the adults/children settings.

For example, I have a room which sleeps 4. This can either be 4 adults OR 2 adults & 2 children OR 3 adults & 1 child etc.

When I create the accommodation type, I have to set the capacity for adults & children. I’ve set it to 2 adults and 2 children, but this means that during the booking confirmation process, someone can’t book for 4 adults, or 1 adult and 3 children etc.

How can I fix this?

I tried disabling adult & children options in the settings and using ‘guests’ instead, and whilst this works for the search availability form, it still shows adults and children during the booking process.

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Charlotte,

Thank you for contacting us.
    If the “children” option does not matter for your website, in the Accommodation tab > Settings you can hide “children” field and use Guests label instead in the Guest Management section. In this way, a guest will see only the adults’ occupancy and on the checkout page will have to select the guests’ number.
    If you still have the issue unsolved, please, submit us a ticket here.
    We have also added your request to our feature request list and can notify you when it gets implemented.

Best regards,
    M. Evans

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Mary Evans.
    J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have just released Total Capacity feature in Hotel Booking v. 3.7.2

• Added the ability to set any number of adults or children at checkout so that in total it meets the limit of manually set accommodation capacity.

If you own a license of Hotel Booking you may get this version now. Hotel Booking plugin integrated in themes will be updated later with next theme release.

Thank you everyone for participation.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.