- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 6 months ago by J. Davis.
- September 15, 2019 at 6:07 pm #855944Charlotte JonesParticipant
Quite confused by the adults/children settings.
For example, I have a room which sleeps 4. This can either be 4 adults OR 2 adults & 2 children OR 3 adults & 1 child etc.
When I create the accommodation type, I have to set the capacity for adults & children. I’ve set it to 2 adults and 2 children, but this means that during the booking confirmation process, someone can’t book for 4 adults, or 1 adult and 3 children etc.
How can I fix this?
I tried disabling adult & children options in the settings and using ‘guests’ instead, and whilst this works for the search availability form, it still shows adults and children during the booking process.September 24, 2019 at 12:40 pm #860439Mary EvansParticipant
Thank you for contacting us.
If the “children” option does not matter for your website, in the Accommodation tab > Settings you can hide “children” field and use Guests label instead in the Guest Management section. In this way, a guest will see only the adults’ occupancy and on the checkout page will have to select the guests’ number.
If you still have the issue unsolved, please, submit us a ticket here.
We have also added your request to our feature request list and can notify you when it gets implemented.
January 15, 2020 at 5:13 pm #905237J. DavisKeymaster
- This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Mary Evans.
We have just released Total Capacity feature in Hotel Booking v. 3.7.2
- Added the ability to set any number of adults or children at checkout so that in total it meets the limit of manually set accommodation capacity.
If you own a license of Hotel Booking you may get this version now. Hotel Booking plugin integrated in themes will be updated later with next theme release.
Thank you everyone for participation.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.