Admin Booking without Booking Rules

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Kolnowski
    Participant

+1 on this request. Certainly something our hotelier clients are asking for is more flexibility here.

Thomas Kolnowski
    Digitized House Media, LLC

Matthias Kiesinger
    Participant

+1 this would be a helpful feature

Andre Flores

Hello, guys!

Thank you all for your up-votes, I have added them to the feature request. Once there is any updates on this matter, I will let you know.

Regards,
    Andre

Maurice Couwenberg
    Participant

hi,

I like this feature as well, it is difficult to create exception from the rules. For input to your developers – In my case, the use case is mainly:

rules:
    Season high Saterday to Saterday (exact dates season start/en on saterday)
    Season high Friday to Friday (exact dates season start/en on friday)
    check in = saterday, check out is saterday for certain accommodations (group A)
    check in = friday, check out is friday for other accommodations (group B)
    minimum stay is 7 nights

(Reason: This is to manage the cleaning capacity over 2 days in the weekend)

Exception cases:
    – reservation required in a group B accommodation (FR-FR) for exception Saterday to Saterday
    – or for exception Friday to Saterday
    (to tune combination with other accommodation from group A)

i am still puzzeling to create this exception, because you also have to update the rules for the period before or afterward otherwise you get a gap in your calendar without possibility to make a reservation

anyone tips?

Maurice

Maurice Couwenberg
    Participant

I managed by creating
    – 3 extra seasons (1 to change period upfront, 1 the exception, 1 to change period afterwards)
    – new rules check in / out days assigned per extra season
    – new rule minimum nb of nights for these 3 extra seasons.

Interesting to see if anyone has ideas how this could be done more simple also to support input to the developers.

Maurice

Andre Flores

Hello Maurice,

Thank you for sharing your insights, it is very much appreciated. I will make sure to have this information passed to our developers.

Regards,
    Andre

Michael Hill
    Participant

Has a solution arrived for backend to override frontend booking rules (2 night minimum)?

Thanks,
    Mike

Andre Flores

Hello Michael,

I have added your up-vote to the feature request we have got. In case there are more requests from other users, we might consider implementing this feature in one of the plugin future updates.
    Meanwhile, you may try the workaround suggested by Maurice in the reply above.

Regards,
    Andre

Savvas Katseas
    Participant

+1, this feature would be useful to us.

Michael Hill
    Participant

I could really use a solution for override of booking rules> I tried this (see below) but it doesnt open up the room for that time if its already.

Then I create a new “season” for that specific date.
    Move that season to the top of the season list.
    Then, create a booking rule for 1 night minimum, and assign it to that room only and the new season which is only that date.

Mike

Michael Hill
    Participant

Then I create a new “season” for that specific date.
    Move that season to the top of the season list.
    Then, create a booking rule for 1 night minimum, and assign it to that room only and the new season which is only that date.

Should I turn off my other booking rules for that room? Im so confused!

Mike

Andre Flores

Hello Michael,

If you create a new season, you should make sure to add it to existing rate of the accommodation type in question and move that season to the top of the seasons list within the rate. After that create a new booking rule with the Minimum stay of 1 night applying it to that exact season and accommodation type only and move that rule to the top of the Minimum stay rule list list as well, so it gets the highest priority.

Regards,
    Andre

Kerry Miller
    Participant

+1 !

Dave Adams
    Participant

+1

Andre Flores

Hello everybody,

I am delighted to let you know that we have just released the Hotel Booking v. 3.9.9 with an option to disable booking rules for back-end bookings. Feel free to update the plugin to the latest version to get this feature.
    You will find the full list of changes included in the latest version in plugin Release Notes.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.