Table of Contents
Once after plugin installation you should add Columns and only then add Events in order to assign them to columns.
Either Columns and Events should be published in order to add a timetable to the page further.
To add Timetable columns, navigate to Timetable > Add Column
- Name a column.
- Write a description.
- Choose the column type: Simple Column, Day (any day of the week) or Date (exact date). Day and Date column types are connected to the present moment, namely, if the events take place currently or in near future, they’ll be displayed in the Upcoming Events widget in the sidebar.
- Set the Column Order in the right hand menu bar. All of the created columns will be stored under Timetable > Columns
The events will be featured in the actual timetable and the details of each event will be displayed on its individual page.
To add a new event, please go to Timetable > Add Event
- Name the event.
- Write its description. It’ll be displayed on the event’s page
- Add time slots of the event:
Choose the Column this event will be displayed in. Use the dropdown menu.
Specify Start Time and End Time of this time slot.
Write its description. It’ll be displayed on the event’s page just like a regular post.
Select the Event Head (a person responsible for the event). It’ll be shown in the
- Apply the general settings:
Adjust colors. Using the color picker choose the Background Color, Background Hover Color, Text Color, Text Hover Color.
Set Custom Event URL to redirect the site visitor from the timetable to any external page.
Enable/Disable the link you set.
- Write an excerpt if needed.
- Click Publish or Save Draft.
After adding Columns and Events you can add TimeTable to Posts, Pages, custom post types.
Add Event Category
- The events can be presented under separate Categories and can be further chosen in shortcode parameters. To add a new Category, please go Timetable > Event Categories.
- Give a name to the new event category.
- Put the ‘slug’ if needed or leave it intact and the URL for the Category will be generated automatically according to the Category name.
- To make the category a sub one, define its Parent category by choosing from the Parent dropdown list. Please note, there should be at least 1 category added earlier.
- Fill out the Description field which will go along with the Category title.
- When you finished setting up the Category, click the Add New Event category button on the bottom.
Add Event tag
To add a new tag, please go the Timetable > Event Tags
- Put the tag Name.
- Define the ‘slug’ to customize the URL of the item.
- Choose the Parent tag from the dropdown list if you want to make this Tag a sub one. Please note, there should be at least 1 tag added earlier.
- Put the Description of the tag if needed.
- Press Add New Event Tag button on the bottom.