Variable pricing with kids over 6 years at full price?

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Variable pricing with kids over 6 years at full price?

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Mary Evans.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    prenesh naidoo
    Participant

Hey Guys, see below. I have started adding the low season but minimum stay between specific days as well as making kids below 6yrs old free is difficult. Please help

Pricing:

Low Season – 01June to 31August

R1900 per night for 2 people and R500 per person for any additional person more than 2.

Minimum stay is 2 days if booking is between Thursday and Sunday.

One day stay accepted from Sunday to Wednesday.

Mid-season – 01February to 31May and from 01September to 30November as well as all annual long weekends

R 2400 per night for 2 people and R500 per person for any additional person more than 2

High Season – December to January and Easter Weekend

R6400-6600 per night.

Minimum booking required 5 days, week beginning from Friday to Friday.

For all the above kids under the age of 6 stay for free.

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello,

1. It is only possible to specify number of Adults and Children on the Checkout page. That is, there is no default field to specify the number of children under 6 years.
    However, you may add such field to the Checkout page with our new Checkout Fields addon, in order to ask your guests to specify the number of children under 6 years old.
    Otherwise, you may rename one of the existing Checkout fields (the “Notes” field, for ex.) by following this article.

2. You may vary prices depending on number of people and booked nights by following this video tutorial.

3. In order to add different minimum stay rules (depending on days of the week), you would need to create several separate seasons within Low Season / Mid-season / High Season:
    one season for Thursday-Sunday days and another season for Sunday to Wednesday days (regulate the days of the week depending on your requires for Low Season / Mid-season / High Season).

When the seasons are created, in the Bookings tab > Booking Rules, you may add the needed Minimum Stay rules depending on seasons that have the needed days of the week included.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

prenesh naidoo
    Participant

Hi there

my accommodation has suitable space for 10 in total. 6 adults and 4 kids preferably.

what if a family has 2 adults and 8 kids? how do i make this flexible so you can have combinations that equal total of 10?

example:
    4 adults + 6 kids or just make it total to 10?

prenesh naidoo
    Participant

Hi There, here is my problem. Can you advise the best route to do this.

Low Season

ive tried creating as follows:
    Season: Low Season min 1 day – sun,mon,tues,wed (selected days + Calendar period)
    Season: Low Season min 2 days – thur, fri, sat, sun (selected days + Calendar period)

Under booking rules i cannot choose min stay with chosen days unless i map to different seasons as above

im struggling with this. please help

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello,

1. The Total Capacity feature (the ability to set any number of adults or children at checkout so that in total it meets the limit of manually set accommodation capacity) was released in the 3.7.2 Hotel Booking version. Please, make sure to update the plugin (for now, the latest version is 3.8.0).

2. – You would need to create two seasons:
    one season for Low Season dates with the days of the week Sunday-Wednesday specified
    and another season for Low Season dates with the days of the week Thursday-Sunday specified.
    – Then in the Bookings tab > Booking Rules > Minimum stay, add rules for both above seasons.
    – Do not forget to add seasonal prices in the Rates tab.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.