Taxes for room booking

• This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Andre Flores.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Vachan Kudmule
    Participant

Please allow a provision for Taxes.
    It is mandatory for us to show the tax amount separately.

Drawbacks of mentioning the Room Cost inclusive of taxes:
    1) Legally incorrect for our jurisdiction.
    2) The OTA’s display prices, without taxes and during checkout add them, so making it look expensive on the website.
    3) Not good marketing strategy.

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. Could you describe how you would want the taxes to work on your website since there are different rules in every country.
    You can describe it here or submit in a ticket to our support team.

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi,

We have just added the taxes feature. Check out the latest update (2.4.0) in the demo – https://hbdemo.getmotopress.com/
    or update your plugin if it already installed.
    It would be nice to know you feedback on the new features.

Massimiliano Martina
    Participant

I think that it would be useful to be able to choose whether to charge immediately or collect a certain tax upon arrival.
    For example in Italy the tourist tax (City Tax), by law must be requested at the end of the stay and there are some exemptions for some customers.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Massimiliano,

Thank you for your notification. In this case you can let your customers to pay Deposit amount (in percents) while making a reservation and the rest will be paid after arrival or at the end of stay period.

Best regards,
    John

Massimiliano Martina
    Participant

Hi John Davis,
    I don’t think your advice is convenient for many reasons…
    I think it’s better to be able to set what taxes or extra charges are to be charged at the time of payment and which can be paid directly on arrival.
    It’s understood that even the expenses not charged at the time of payment must appear in the estimate but under the heading “payable upon arrival”.
    I think it’s a very useful feature for those working in the hospitality industry.

Best regards,
    Massimiliano

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Massimiliano,

Thank you for your thoughts. We’ll keep tracking this topic an will see if this is really needed feature by amount of comments here.

Best regards,
    J.Davis

Oliver Sippel
    Participant

Hello,

according to german laws we need to show the accomodation rates including the taxes. For example:

Price: 119 Euro incl. 19% VAT.

In the overview and the invoice the amount of VAT must be shown like:

Price: 100 Euro
    19% VAT: 19 Euro
    Summary: 119 Euro

How can I achieve this? When I set up an accomodation tax, the price is shown without tax.

Andre Flores

Hello Oliver,

Currently there is no option to achieve this in the Hotel Booking plugin, however, we do have such a feature request and I have added your up-vote to it as well.
    Meanwhile, you may try the workaround provided by one of our users.

Regards,
    Andre

David Bueno Jara
    Participant

In Spain the same thing happens, I need to be able to choose that the indicated price is with taxes included, so that later it can be broken down in the invoice

Andre Flores

Hello David,

Thank you for your feedback, I have added your up-vote the feature request as well.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.