Synchronisation Issues (Booking.com, Tripadvisor, AirBnB, HomeAway)

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Synchronisation Issues (Booking.com, Tripadvisor, AirBnB, HomeAway)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Leigh Perkins
    Participant

Looking for help on synchronisation issues on a new site. I’ve just made my site live, moved it from my local testing server to my live server and all is well apart from the synchronisation with external calendars i.e. Booking.com, Tripadvisor, AirBnB, HomeAway.

When putting the calendar url into the external sites none will communicate with my site. Tripadvisor provided the error message saying the url was not valid or not allowed! The others just refused to connect.

I tested the url by simply pasting it into a browser window and sure enough it allowed me to download the .ics file which I then imported it into my Mac calendar with no problems.

Does anyone have any ideas why the external sites are refusing to communicate with my site. url if it helps is https://www.coedmorcottages.co.uk

Many thanks in advance.

Leigh

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hi Leigh,

Please, have a close look and follow this guide to make sure you’ve synced the calendars appropriately: How to synchronize the plugin with booking platforms?

Please, note that an OTA may not accept the link if there is no booking in the link. In this way, you should add at least 1 booking of the accommodation and import the link again on OTA.
    Also, make sure that your site is not in the maintenance mode before exporting our links to OTAs.

In case this does not help, please, submit a ticket here to have a closer look at the issue and provide you with our personal assistance.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

soledad Fernandez
    Participant

Hola, también tengo problemas de sincronización cuando quiero exportar el calendario a booking.com; me tira que la URL no es válida. Ya tengo reservas hechas tanto en mi web como el booking.com, ya he visto todos los tutoriales y ya he enviado un ticket, pero no continúo con el problema.
    Alguien puede ayudarme, que le haya pasado lo mismo para saber como lo solucionó.
    Gracias

Soledad

soledad Fernandez
    Participant

Hola, también tengo problemas de sincronización cuando quiero exportar el calendario a booking.com; me tira que la URL no es válida. Ya tengo reservas hechas tanto en mi web como el booking.com, ya he visto todos los tutoriales y ya envió un boleto, pero continúo con el problema.
    Alguien puede ayudarme, que haya pasado lo mismo para saber como lo solucionó.
    Gracias

Soledad

Andre Flores

Hi, Soledad!

Your request appears to be rather unique and is currently under investigation of our developers. We will contact you back via e-mail once there is any update from them.

Regards,
    Andre

Mark Chinery
    Participant

Hi Guys, for what its worth, I am having a similar issue with Trip Advisor. I get the following message:

We couldn’t sync your calendar. The address may be invalid or not allowed.
    Please try again. Alternatively, paste the address below into a new browser tab. If you receive an error, please contact your calendar provider.

The address is valid – I tried pasting and it downloaded the ics. I’ve had no similar issue with AirBnB or booking.com

I’ll also be able to provide the ics link privately on request if required. Thanks, Mark

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Mark,

Actually, if OTAs (like Booking com and Airbnb, in your case) accept the same Hotel Booking ical links successfully, this means that Hotel Booking ical links are correct and should be synced appropriately. Probably, the problem is on the side of Tripadvisor travel agency.
    Could you send an example of a link that does not sync with Tripadvisor, for us to check it? Please, submit a ticket here, in order to have a closer look at the issue and assist you personally.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Jim Grieve
    Participant

I have this issue with a live site, The sync works from trip advisor to the website but not from the website to trip advisor.

I get the same error message as Leigh at the top of this feed. Do you have a solution to this?

Thanks

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Jim,

We recommend checking Hotel Booking iCal links (you can download and open them in Bookings tab > Sync Calendars). If the ical files contain UID and check-in/out dates, then they are correct and should be imported by OTAs.
    In case Trip Advisor does not import correct links, we recommend contacting them.

Best Regards,
    Mary Evans

Dan Sutherland
    Participant

I’m experiencing this issue aswell. I have added a booking and still no luck with Trip Advisor, when i add the Motopress cal to Trip Advisor I get the error “We couldn’t sync your calendar. The address may be invalid or not allowed.
    Please try again. Alternatively, paste the address below into a new browser tab. If you receive an error, please contact your calendar provider.”

I cannot open the calendar either if I download it from the sync settings on the WP admin, if I try to open the calendar locally it tells me “error the calendar may be incomplete or corrupted”

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Dan,

You may submit a ticket here with an example of your Hotel Booking iCal link provided. In this way, we’ll check if the link has all the required details to be imported by OTAs for you.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Shannon Chang
    Participant

I am experienced the issue.
    My website calendar works well with sync calendar with Airbnb.
    But, it has trouble sync with trip advisor calendar.
    We seek The MotoPress technique support.

John Davis gave us advice and he said “First, we should disable Under Construction mode.

If the ical link from our site has been accepted by Airbnb then the link is valid and the issue is in TripAdvisor. Perhaps they allow accepting links from certain providers only. So he recommend contacting Tripadvisor and waiting for their official reply.”

We email to trip advisor seek their support
    https://rentals.tripadvisor.com/en_GB/bookings/manage#sendMail

Then trip advisor team to update our calendar link to their site.

The problem is finally solved!

David Byron Johnson
    Participant

I have the same problem with tripadvisor. This is what it says on its sits under how to sync:

Note: If the ICal you wish to enter is not provided by a larger platform, but, for example, an ICal from your personal website, we may not have the used provider on our calendar whitelist, and you won’t be able to add it yourself.

To get you calendars synced up, please contact us with the ICal link you’d like to add and the property ID, and we’re happy to assist you.

So the answer seem to be that you have to contact tripadivsor directly to get the sync to work.

Andre Flores

Hello David,

Thank you for sharing your insights. That is correct, looks like TripAdvisor decided to not allow synchronization with external iCal calendars anymore, however, they can whitelist the needed iCal link on demand.

Regards,
    Andre

Christian Braat
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.