Synchronisation Issues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Leigh Perkins
    Participant

Looking for help on synchronisation issues on a new site. I’ve just made my site live, moved it from my local testing server to my live server and all is well apart from the synchronisation with external calendars i.e. Booking.com, Tripadvisor, AirBnB, HomeAway.

When putting the calendar url into the external sites none will communicate with my site. Tripadvisor provided the error message saying the url was not valid or not allowed! The others just refused to connect.

I tested the url by simply pasting it into a browser window and sure enough it allowed me to download the .ics file which I then imported it into my Mac calendar with no problems.

Does anyone have any ideas why the external sites are refusing to communicate with my site. url if it helps is https://www.coedmorcottages.co.uk

Many thanks in advance.

Leigh

Mary Evans

Hi Leigh,

Please, have a close look and follow this guide to make sure you’ve synced the calendars appropriately: How to synchronize the plugin with booking platforms?

Please, note that an OTA may not accept the link if there is no booking in the link. In this way, you should add at least 1 booking of the accommodation and import the link again on OTA.
    Also, make sure that your site is not in the maintenance mode before exporting our links to OTAs.

In case this does not help, please, submit a ticket here to have a closer look at the issue and provide you with our personal assistance.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

soledad Fernandez
    Participant

Hola, también tengo problemas de sincronización cuando quiero exportar el calendario a booking.com; me tira que la URL no es válida. Ya tengo reservas hechas tanto en mi web como el booking.com, ya he visto todos los tutoriales y ya he enviado un ticket, pero no continúo con el problema.
    Alguien puede ayudarme, que le haya pasado lo mismo para saber como lo solucionó.
    Gracias

Soledad

soledad Fernandez
    Participant

Hola, también tengo problemas de sincronización cuando quiero exportar el calendario a booking.com; me tira que la URL no es válida. Ya tengo reservas hechas tanto en mi web como el booking.com, ya he visto todos los tutoriales y ya envió un boleto, pero continúo con el problema.
    Alguien puede ayudarme, que haya pasado lo mismo para saber como lo solucionó.
    Gracias

Soledad

Andre Flores

Hi, Soledad!

Your request appears to be rather unique and is currently under investigation of our developers. We will contact you back via e-mail once there is any update from them.

Regards,
    Andre

Mark Chinery
    Participant

Hi Guys, for what its worth, I am having a similar issue with Trip Advisor. I get the following message:

We couldn’t sync your calendar. The address may be invalid or not allowed.
    Please try again. Alternatively, paste the address below into a new browser tab. If you receive an error, please contact your calendar provider.

The address is valid – I tried pasting and it downloaded the ics. I’ve had no similar issue with AirBnB or booking.com

I’ll also be able to provide the ics link privately on request if required. Thanks, Mark

Mary Evans

Hello Mark,

Actually, if OTAs (like Booking com and Airbnb, in your case) except the same Hotel Booking ical links successfully, this means that Hotel Booking ical links are correct and should be synced appropriately. Probably, the problem is on the side of Tripadvisor travel agency.
    Could you send an example of a link that does not sync with Tripadvisor, for us to check it? Please, submit a ticket here, in order to have a closer look at the issue and assist you personally.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.