[mphb_availability id="*"] calendar with check/check-out time

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking [mphb_availability id="*"] calendar with check/check-out time

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anton Hofmann
    Participant

Hello,

i have a single property for rent, is it somehow possible to show half booked days (check-in/check-out times) in the [mphb_availability id=”*”] calendar?

This is somehow important for a single property.

Kind Regards

Anton

Stacy Lind
    Keymaster

Hi Anton,

The half-booked dates are not displayed in search availability forms, because in these forms people already need to select dates. So all the dates that are available for check-in/out are selectable, the unavailable ones are crossed out.
    The dates are marked as half booked in the availability calendars displayed with this shortcode [mphb_availability_calendar id=”*”]

Anton Hofmann
    Participant

Hi Stacy i checked the documentation but it won’t behave as i expect it should.

https://hbdemo.getmotopress.com/0srdzlcb694kon1/test/

The [mphb_availability_search] won’t show any reservation plan at all, that’s a no go for a single propoerty, the customer will think the house is empty all the time by looking at this calendar, the only way he will notice, is when he searches for a time period that is already booked and then gets a “cant find results” page.
    So [mphb_availability_search] is no option at all.

So i went with [mphb_availability id=”42″], it’s ok but not realy good looking (no half booked days shown, green/red layout would be nice instead of the crossed out dates), so that the customer gets a feeling of the availability state in seconds, the house is very very good booked and people should see this in no time ( again not possible at all with [mphb_availability_search]).
    Also the process with “Check availability” – > “Confirm reservation” is exactly one step too much, get rid of the “confirm reservation” in a single property, it’s not needed at all, instead directly go to the booking page.

We don’t have a issue with either of these problems, but combined it’s just not what we expected from the plugin.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Anton Hofmann.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Anton Hofmann.
    J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hello Anton,

We have email you but could not hear anything back for about 4 days. Please check it and emails us back.
    As for check availability and confirm reservation steps so it is needed to provide actual information about property availability. In case there are multiple guests to book the same reservation on your site and somebody managed to book it faster then others. That’s why we added option to check and refresh availability first and only when the property is available it is possible to confirm a reservation.

best regards,
    John

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hello Frank,

Thank you for your thoughts and feedback. We’ll keep tracking interest around this feature to form it priority. We kindly ask anyone who is interested in this optimization leave your comments below at this topic.

Then we’ll review possible solutions and maybe release an update where Check Availability button will be removed. Thanks everyone.

best regards,
    J. Davis

Frank De Cicco
    Participant

John, this feature will knock this plugin out of the park. I have done detail reviews of 5 of the top selling property/hotel booking plugins and although yours finished top of my list, the 2 step “Check availability” – > “Confirm reservation” booking for single property keeps me from using it on production sites.

I think the unrelated title of this post/thread makes it hard for other users to know/find this conversation and thus express their opinions. I personally stumbled on it while browsing the forum looking for ideas on improving the look of the calendar and possibly booking right from it instead of the form.

I’d be willing to start a new post if OK with you.

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

Yes, I would be grateful if you start a new topic for this feature. I’ll then try to move related comments there. Thanks for your participation

best regards,
    J. Davis

J. Davis
    Keymaster

here is topic related to request in order to disable Confirm Reservation button with direct booking option enabled https://motopress.com/forums/topic/need-for-streamlined-checkout-for-single-properties

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.