How does OTA Sync work with multiple rooms per accomodation?

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking How does OTA Sync work with multiple rooms per accomodation?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul Henriquez
    Participant

Hello,

We have 2 types of accommodation, where the first one has 19 rooms and the second one only has one.

We need to sync the calendars with Booking.com and Expedia, but we couldn’t be able to do it since the options (in the third-party platforms) don’t show up.

Does anyone have tutorials or guides in these subjects that can help us with it? Info on the internet is very old, and not helpful either.

Andre Flores

Hello, Paul!

If you have several rooms within a single accommodation type, most likely you will not be able to sync it properly, since there is an option to only insert a single iCal link at Booking.com or Expedia, while each accommodation (room) in Hotel Booking plugin has its own iCal link. In order to sync it properly you would need to have a separate property for each room created at third-party platforms.

Regards,
    Andre

Janina Weghorn
    Participant

In each place, you will need a separate list of rooms.
    I’m using ical for years and so far nothing changed yet it’s a pain a neck to tell you the truth a lot of handworks unless you use the paid reservation system which will also update prices. Not every reservation system does all of it. But even that it’s tough. For example, I did not update prices on the Airbnb site for next year and may calendar on Booking and every place else showed unavailable.
    Last time Booking let you add room if the one was already booked. It’s something new since I was not able to add availability before. I have to check how it works. I have 18 rooms listed and 6 are the same so will be a big help. I’m changing prices and min reservation on daily bases and because every OTA charges us for service different price it’s a lot of work to control all.
    I installed a new calendar mobile-calendar. I try it free for a month and switch to it. Unfortunately, they charge for every paid reservation made trough the system over 5% from full payment even when there was only a downpayment made. That is why I’m installing the motopress system. On top, they keep their logo active which directs to their side. I do not like this.

Andre Flores

Hello, Janina!

Thank you for provided information ans sharing your thoughts on this, it is much appreciated. I agree it takes much time to perform necessary changes to seasons, rates etc., unfortunately, this is the reality in most of property rental platforms at the moment.
    Perhaps, this article on how to sync the Hotel Booking calendar with other OTAs will help. If you are still facing issues with it, do not hesitate to submit a request to our Help Desk providing a temporary access to your Dashboard, so we take a closer look at it.

Regards,
    Andre

Viliam Dollinger
    Participant

Hi there.
    We are also in the same boat. 17 rooms and two apartments.
    What if we change the type in Booking and just give a number to each room?
    Like…. Double Room nr.1 , Double Room nr.2 etc ?
    Will that work?
    Otherwise i’m not really sure how to proceed. Brought this plugin to sync off booking.com reservations with booking.com.
    I understand that channel managers can do this? Sync between the website and Booking?

Andre Flores

Hello Viliam,

You will need to create a separate accommodation type for each room type, e.g. Double Room accommodation type with several accommodations generated for it, e.g. Double Room 1, Double Room 2 etc. In case each room appears to be a separate listing at Booking.com, you will be able to easily sync calendars as each accommodation (not the accommodation type) in the plugin has its own export link.
    With the above scenario there should be no issues syncing your website calendars with Booking.com to avoid overbooking.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.