Compatibility with WordPress 4.6

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    André Jacques

Hi,

I just updated our website to WordPress 4.6. Is it possible that the MotoPress Content Editor doesn’t support it?
    Or should I update the plugin?

The “Motopress Content Editor” button is now greyed out when selecting any page on our site, in the Worpdress admin interface.
    Now, if I actually browse to a page on the website, and then click the “Edit with Motopress” on top, it seems to be entering the editor, but the little orange/grey gears just keep turning on the middle and it never loads up.

Thank you!

André

André Jacques

Alright, so it seems to have just unlocked by itself after a (LONG!) while…
    I’ll keep you posted if it happens again…

Best Regards,
    André

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Andre,

Thank you for notification. We did not get any incompatibility requests since new WordPress update. Let us know if you face it again.

Best regards,
    John

Fabio Lopes

Hello, this appearing the following error when activating :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ‘)’ in …/wp-content/plugins/motopress-content-editor-lite/includes/ce/MPCECustomStyleManager.php on line 193

Wordpress: 4.6

Fabio Lopes

Hello, this appearing the following error when activating :
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ‘)’ in …/wp-content/plugins/motopress-content-editor-lite/includes/ce/MPCECustomStyleManager.php on line 193

Wordpress: 4.6

Line 193: foreach ($this->getPrivateStylesArr() as $className => $css) {

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Fabio,

We have not been receiving great number of issue with this error so it is a personal case I guess. Make sure you use latest version of plugin – 2.1.0.
    If it is up to date you can submit a request so that we could check your request personally.

Best regards,
    John

sujata

I am getting this error when I try to use the plugin:
    ——–
    An internal error occurred during loading Content Editor. Please submit this data to support team.

Content-Type error: Content-Type must be application/javascript.

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.11; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0

Platform: MacIntel
    ——-

Any idea what I should do?

S. Reinhardt
    Participant

Never mind! It works now!
    🙂

Geoff

I am also having problems following WP update to 4.6 with MotoPress plugin…We all appear to have the same error..I wonder what line 193 does?

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Geoff,

Most likely you need to update PHP version up to 5.3 or later on your server. I would recommend to contact hosting provider asking for assistance to update PHP version on your server.

Best regards,
    John

Geoff

Hi there John, many thanks for the advice…

To be clear – The problem is caused by WordPress 4.6 and my web host provider, not by MotoPress being unstable on WP 4.6

Geoff.

May

Read previous comments. Updated to WordPress 4.6 a couple of days ago. Motopress plugin worked fine. Updated plugin to latest version today and I am getting the spinning wheel.

May

Well now it is working. sigh!

Geoff

Hi John,

MoroPress may work with 4.6 in your world but sorry to say but MotoPress is not compatable with WP 4.6 in my world

Spoken with my ISP and they asked me to try some of the free trial builder plugins. SiteOrigin, Beaver Builder and the new kid on the block Live Composer – all work 100% with no problems.

Seems that MotoPress is still a bit bleeding edge and unreliable to be useful to me.

If I send you my reg codes for MotoPress builder and the Google maps add on will you cancel them and arrange a refund for me please.

chrissie

i had to re-install the previous version (2.0.3) of motopress. now it seems to work again with wordpress 4.6. although it is not really the perfect solution :-(. very dissapointing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.