Change allocation of "accommodation" (i.e room number) for a booking

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Change allocation of "accommodation" (i.e room number) for a booking

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by J. Davis.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John Lison
    Participant

Hi

I have 35 studio apartments (1 Accommodation Type – 35 Accommodations) my client needs control of allocations for the individual accommodations.

Is it possible to manually change the automatic room allocation once a booking has been made. Or for my client to manually allocate the Accommodation at any stage of the booking process.

Thanks
    John Lison

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Once somebody books one of accommodations of certain type its availability is being changed to 34 and so on. If all 35 accommodations were booked other guests won’t be able to book it till nearest check out.

If I did not get your question properly I kindly ask you to clarify it. Thank you.

Best regards,
    John D.

John Lison
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I don’t believe I have explained myself clearly.
    Below is how my basic structure for the studio category is:

Category: Studio

Accommodation Type: Studio 3 people
    Studio 2 people

Accommodations: No1 Studio 3 people
    No2 Studio 3 people
    No3 Studio 2 people
    No4 Studio 3 people

For example a client may book a Studio for 3 people.
    Once a booking has been made the plugin auto allocates a studio e.g No1 Studio 3 people

My client needs the ability to manually allocate these i.e CHANGE No1 Studio 3 people TO No2 Studio 3 people

In the calendar view, it shows which booking is associated with a certain accommodation I need to be able to edit this or have a method to do so.

I hope this clarifies matters

Thanks
    John

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi John,

I’m sorry for a delay. Thank you for explanation however it is not possible to edit bookings due to possibility with iCal synchronization. It might mess information for other OTAs.
    The role of accommodations is to show the real quantity of certain type of rooms(accommodation types) in your hotel, hostel, etc.
    Could you specify why you need to indicate certain accommodation for booking? Thank you.

Best regards,
    John

John Lison
    Participant

Hi John

In your documentation (pg 35-35) it clearly states that you can select another real accommodation etc.

It is very important that this feature is available for my client so that they can manually change bookings in the calender.

If this is not possible is there anyway that my client can manually change bookings another way. Maybe change the bookings in iCal and resync?

I would be grateful for any help on this matter.

Thanks
    John

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. I’ve checked documentation PDF file and could not find information on editing booking. It is not allowed and there is no point as its purpose is to show real availability of certain accommodation type.
    If you want to indicate room number of your hotel a=you can add this info to Notes manually then.

Best regards,
    John

Christer Fernstrom
    Participant

Hello John(s),
    As I have stated in another question, I need this function too. And yes, this IS in the current documentation
    Best regards
    — christer

J. Davis
    Keymaster

Hi Christer,

We have answered in other topic too

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.