Change Accomodation Type of existing (and booked) room

Free and Premium WordPress Plugins & Themes Forums WordPress Plugins Hotel Booking Change Accomodation Type of existing (and booked) room

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Manuel Schweiger
    Participant

Hello,

I urgently need to change the type of an accomodation and the bookings which belong to this accomodation.

Why is this functionality is greyed out on my dashboard?

Kind regards,
    Manuel

Mary Evans
    Participant

Hello Manuel,

If you need to change your bookings by changing their accommodation types that were specified when making a reservation, you should be able to edit your bookings (if your Hotel Booking version is 3.8.0 and greater). Please, make sure to follow this post or video tutorial with more instructions provided.
    In case this does not help, please, clarify the issue and desired results more detailed providing some examples/screenshots. You may also submit a ticket here, in order to have a look at your issue personally.

Best Regards,
    M. Evans

Manuel Schweiger
    Participant

Hi Mary,

thanks for your answer.

I know that it is possible to change the Accomodiation of an exisiting booking manually.

But I need to change the accomodation type of an existing room/accomodation.

Screenshot

Manuel Schweiger
    Participant

Here is a screenshot where the option to change the Accomodation Type is greyed out:

http://prnt.sc/u7d8k1

Andre Flores

Hello, Manuel!

Do you mean you want to assign an existing accommodation to another accommodation type? If so, I am afraid such option is not available, you will need to create a new accommodation in order to be able to assign it to the desired accommodation type.

Regards,
    Andre

Manuel Schweiger
    Participant

Hi Andre,

Yes this is what i meant.
    So, this is really bad, because this means I need to create new accomodations and I need to manually change all exisiting bookings to the new accomodation.

Why is this not implemented? Many other systems (like booking.com) are able to do that.

Kind regards,
    Manuel

Andre Flores

Hi, Manuel!

We will definitely keep your request in mind and in case there are more similar requests from other users, we will consider adding this feature to one of plugin future updates.

Regards,
    Andre

Steve Hey
    Participant

I agree – Sometimes rooms are changed, so that a new room type needs creating, eg a double is converted to a twin. If this is one of perhaps three rooms of this type but only one is changing, then how on earth do we accommodate that change?

Andre Flores

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated. Currently the only option would be generating new accommodation and getting rid of the previous one, which should have been changed. Basically, there is no such option in the plugin as functionality does not allow selecting certain rooms by your guests, you may only “move” them from one room to another manually via back-end.

Regards,
    Andre

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.